01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Alarm linkage with multiple NVRs?

paul.cilia

Hi.
I’m currently in the process of setting up line crossing / intrusion detection across my site. I’ve got 130+ cameras distributed over 3x NVRs & 2x DVRs.

Firstly, the plan is to use an alarm input from the intruder alarm to set and unset event notifications to hik-connect, which I understand is done via the one key disarm function.
Can I just use an alarm input on 1x NVR and then somehow link this to the others? Or do I need to use an input on each NVR separately?

Secondly, some of the IP cameras have a built in speaker, which I would like to use for an automated warning message, when an event is triggered. I can see all the cameras that have a speaker in each NVRs configuration settings in the alarm linkage tab, but only the ones recording to that NVR. Is there a way of also linking the audible alarm to all the camera speakers in the other NVRs too - so all compatible camera's across the whole site give an audible warning at the same time?

Thirdly (and finally) the site has a PAVA fire alarm system (speakers and PA horns rather than sounders), is there a way of taking an audio output from the NVR into an audio input on the PAVA so that live speech can be broadcast from hik connect, IVMS or from a monitoring company? Again if this can be done, would it have to be done from each NVR/DVR or could it just be from 1 and then linked from the others.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Back