01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Anyone successfully set up a Raspberry pi as a NAS?

8mp_4kcam

i have 2 colorvu DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL running firmware V5.7.13 build 230504
and 1 DS-2CD2386G2-IU running firmware V5.5.801 build 211105, running cameras without a nvr.

trying to setup raspberry pi to be my nas storage device but getting hdd exception errors through on my hikconnect system and then when i log onto the camera, it's in an initialisation stage.

i've configured the raspberry pi to run openmediavault and have one 4tb 3.5" drive attached.
have set it up to use NFS on separate folder locations on the hard drive. only the 2 colorvu cameras configured so far (once its more reliable, then will add 3rd camera to this nfs location).
once setup on the camera gui, the tests are successful and after this, this is where the painful part happens.

under HDD management, the drive shows as initialising, this then takes like 3-4 hours to go through the process and goes to normal.
once in a normal state, after a few hours or very randomly, i will get a HDD exception error come through on my hikconnect app.
then im back in the vicious cycle of initialising for few hours before it returns to a normal stage.
sometimes i have to format the drive in gui under HDD management which again takes hours.

anyone got any suggestions please?

Screenshot 2023-05-25 115752.png

this just happened to the first camera after going through the initialisation stage for hours.
second camera is normal for now lol

Back