01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Audio playback on hik connect is not smooth,though video playback is fine,there is a second or 2 lag once in awhile.

Xoxo

When in playback mode the audio & video is fine,but a minute or 2 later audio goes skippy

I use DS-7B04HUHI-K1, i don't think i can change that.
Looking at the DVR specifications it only mentions G711u for the audio encoding. Are you playing back on your local wireless network or on a 4G network?

Looking at the DVR specifications it only mentions G711u for the audio encoding. Are you playing back on your local wireless network or on a 4G network?
I have a fiber connection i.e. home router>media converter >fiber>media converter >2nd router ap mode >dvr
I get around 60mbps static speed.
So,it's a local wireless network.

Can a hdd record (write)(on dvr)and show playbacks (read) simultaneously?
if not this might be the problem and i guess i have to watch playbacks on hik connect when the dvr is not writing on the hdd.

>2nd router ap mode
Make sure your second router DHCP server is disabled and that it is in AP only mode.

So,it's a local wireless network.
Strange that you get audio lag on your local network. Can you test direct at the NVR using the attached monitor or use a laptop connected, by ethernet cable, to your main router.

Can a hdd record (write)(on dvr)and show playbacks (read) simultaneously?
I have 4 cameras, with video / audio, recording continuously to the NVR snd have no problems with video / audio live view or playback. This is using the wireless and wired networks with iPad / iPhone / laptop.

Yah ,my tp link archer a6 is on ap mode.

Hik connect needs some improvements.

And i lowered the encoding to h.264,i think the dvr bottlenecked processing h.265.

Yah ,my tp link archer a6 is on ap mode.

Hik connect needs some improvements.

And i lowered the encoding to h.264,i think the dvr bottlenecked processing h.265.
With HIK Connect you route over there service (Amazon Cloud Server). Maybe if you do yourself with an own Nameserver like dyndns.org you can also add it to hik connect and its maybe more faster and smoother!

Hello everyone,
The problem is solved,i found out that the problem is with hikconnect app, i tried with different hikvision viewing apps (i.e.ivms 4500/hd,hi-lookvision and more)but finally installed ezviz app and loged in to watch playbacks (on LAN)both video and audio is smooth as butter.

(I would say hikconnect is good for live viewing but not for hd smooth playbacks though[or maybe only me facing this problem])

But a drawback with ezviz app is that i can't access 4 playbacks at once and is only able to watch one cam view at a time.

Anyway thanks to all.

Back