01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Benefits of AcuSense (NVR & Camera working together)

Marco Hill

Hello Everyone,

This post is on the subject of Hikvision AcuSense.

I was recently chatting to someone in Hikvision and I asked him what his personal opinion was about Motion 2.0 vs AcuSense technology in connection with reducing false alarms.

He mentioned AcuSense is superior to Motion 2.0 (not to say Motion 2.0 is not effective in its own ways).

I never fully understood how to benefit from an Acusense NVR & Acusense Camera to reduce false alarms. I have been stuck on using line crossing and intrusion alarms for the most part.

Meaning, in order to benefit from the AcuSense camera does one need a Acusense NVR? and vice versa, can one benefit from an AcuSense NVR without an AcuSense camera.

However, I recently noticed with one my Hikvision AcuSense cameras with a non-AcuSense NVR (DS-7616NI-K2) by using "Basic Events" and using motion instead of Smart Events I get pretty arcuate results with only humans being detected. It's almost as if its more accurate than an Acusense NVR.

Could I please ask the people in this forum to please comment on their knowledge/experience in connection with AcuSense Technology and how to best reduce false alarms, using Basics Events, Smart Events, what cameras, what NVRs etc.

Thank you kindly!!!

Meaning, in order to benefit from the AcuSense camera does one need a Acusense NVR? and vice versa, can one benefit from an AcuSense NVR without an AcuSense camera.
No. Acusense NVRs were brought about to bring the benefits of Acusense to older systems. That would allow someone just to replace the NVR and keep older non Acusense cameras.

Acusense cameras do not require an Acusense NVR as the processing is carried out in the camera.

Where Acusense cameras are connected to an Acusense NVR, you would always set the events up so that the processing is done by the camera. It works better than the NVR.

- With the Acusense enabled NVR options are mutually exclusive; if you use line crossing on one non Acusense camera, you can’t use Motion 2 on another.

- Using the cameras Acusense function allows you to use whatever you want; you’re able to use motion detection, line crossing and intrusion all on one camera without issue.

Some model NVRs (K series) are now only available in the UK WITH Acusense. It’s still better to have all cameras with the function and just not use it in the NVR.

Thanks JB1970 your a beast. Someone give that man some more points!

I have been doing some more testing on this, it seems to set the human detection on basic events under motion is more effective in connection with reducing false alarms then using smart events.

Technically, you can still select human or vehicle on smart events with Acusense cameras but the basic motion might actually be better but still testing.

Its interesting you mention to set the alarms on the cameras themselves (when working with Acusense cameras) because I was stuck with the idea of setting this on the NVR. Unfortunately, I am accessing a lot of clients NVRs through port forwarding of the NVR only (not port forwarding each camera).

-----

You mention:

"No. Acusense NVRs were brought about to bring the benefits of Acusense to older systems. That would allow someone just to replace the NVR and keep older non Acusense cameras."

Does the above also work with third party cameras (non-Hikvision)?

Not to go to off widely off track...

It seems as if the Motion 2.0 technology on Hikvision analog systems allows you set the motion on all cameras and it does not care what type of camera it is and has not limits in connection with how many cameras you want to set alarms on.

On Acusense NVR's however, I don't fully understand the VCA, Engine Configuration (Motion 2.0 vs Perimeter Protection) and the amount of non-hikvision cameras you can set alarms on. The Acusense NVR seems to be more limited. I.e. one cannot take a 32 channel Acusense NVR with 32 cameras imported through ONVIF and set "Motion 2.0" on each IP camera. Maybe one can, however I don't fully understand how.

And then there is also "Target capture" & "self-learning" - I wanted to do a different post on this. To understand the best value for money because some clients might have a budget for this. But with out knowing the benefits on this I am not sure how to promote this. Maybe its just me but they don't seem to fully explain their tech and how each one works etc. but will stop ranting for now.

"No. Acusense NVRs were brought about to bring the benefits of Acusense to older systems. That would allow someone just to replace the NVR and keep older non Acusense cameras."

Does the above also work with third party cameras (non-Hikvision)?
I've not tried as I always use Hikvision cameras with Hikvision NVRs but it should work the same.

It seems as if the Motion 2.0 technology on Hikvision analog systems allows you set the motion on all cameras and it does not care what type of camera it is and has not limits in connection with how many cameras you want to set alarms on.
That's correct but I have noticed more false alerts on the HDTVi (analogue) Hikvision systems. You're also confined to either motion OR line crossing. Once you use motion 2.0 on a camera you cannot use line crossing on another. On earlier DVRs the line crossing (unlike the motion detection) was restricted to a varying number of channels according to model (if I recall correctly).
Maybe its just me but they don't seem to fully explain their tech and how each one works etc.
I'd agree with that, it's not just you.

Back