01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best waterproof dome camera to use with my Domar MN903PN NVR?

TimmyG

I need to replace a 3 year old IP67 4k turret camera on the front of my house that has got water in it, possibly from condensation rather than rain.

It's on a North facing wall with the camera facing east, 100 metres from the sea on the East coast and about 5 metres from trees so not the best environment. All the other cameras are fine including one on an East facing wall with the camera facing North.

Any recommendations kindly received :)

The cameras are Zxtech 4K POE. The system is from Domar.

I'm assuming I can just plug another POE camera into the NVR?

Thanks @TimmyG

If you have a Zxtech NVR, can you please confirm the exact model number of the NVR you have? (it should be stated somewhere in the NVR menus or on a physical label stuck to the NVR case)

Thanks @TimmyG

This looks to be an older model that is no longer listed on the Domar website, so I can't say for sure if the NVR is ONVIF compliant and will allow you to add 3rd-party (Hikvision) cameras.

You can check if the NVR supports ONVIF by either speaking to Domar/Zxtech or by checking the camera management menu in the NVR for an option to "Add ONVIF device".

But I would warn you that when cameras are added as ONVIF devices you will lose access to some advanced smart features, this might make Hikvision cameras not the best choice because you would be paying more for the Hikvision cameras than replacement Zxtech cameras and you won't be able to access/use the smart features you've paid the premium price for.

I think the simplest and most cost-effective solution would be to speak to Domar/Zxtech about the Zxtech replacement cameras they would recommend.

The NVR is ONVIF compliant. I'm happy with the rest of the cameras so will take your advice and speak to Domar.

I'll see if I can dry out the old camera and use it in a sunny protected spot :)

Thank you so much for your help Dan

Reactions: Dan
Back