01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bullet camera condensation

cameraKen

My external camera has all a sudden suffered a severed bout of internal condensation. Im based down on south coast UK the weather has warmed lately but this is after 3 days now still internal droplets on camera lens unable to give any picture.
Is this a possible waterleak or seal issue? The camera is about 2 years old now.

Hi @cameraKen

it may be water ingress but also sometimes moisture/condensation can get trapped in the camera when there is a big temperature change.

We would recommend that you take the camera down, take it indoors, open the microSD card cover on the camera, and then leave it in a warm place (next to a radiator or in an airing cupboard) for about 24hrs.

After that, you can reinstall the camera and all trapped condensation should have gone. If the moisture is still there or reappears shortly after reinstall then it is likely a moisture ingress issue and as they are within the 3-year warranty you will need to speak to your original seller/installer to arrange warranty replacements.

Good advice from @Dan. I had three HikVision turret cameras do the same thing recently (also UK south coast) but not sure why these three out of about 50 cameras and I have never had moisture problems before (in many years). I had not thought about opening the card cover, I will do that to mine indoors and see if I can get them back in service...

Reactions: Dan
I have a 5mp turret that has always been susceptible to water when I’m cleaning the adjacent window with a low pressure hose.
Mine is out of warranty so repaired it myself.
Easy job just dismount then remove lock screw to dissemble then your left with the ball just undo 2 screws and separate housing.
Then carefully disconnect the 2 connectors and then remove 3 screws holding the main board.
Lift this away from housing and you can see the glass.
Dry off and refit ensuring rubber gasket in correct orientation.
Mine had the Silica gel pouch inside unit.

Attachments

• FFB1E96F-1BBC-4345-8CD2-7F024E67C2A2.jpeg
    FFB1E96F-1BBC-4345-8CD2-7F024E67C2A2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 0D9AECC9-D234-4F93-AB02-7D37EBF3D649.jpeg
    0D9AECC9-D234-4F93-AB02-7D37EBF3D649.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
As @malford says you can replace the silica. Here is the document from Hikvision for the turrets:

Attachments

• How-to-Replace-Desiccant-of-DS-2CD23XX-Camera.pdf
    917.6 KB · Views: 263
Some great advice thanks!

I ended up doing as above stripped down the camera split in half removed the ribbon and 4pin connector. 3 screws to remove from lens and cleaned inside of camera front lens cover all perfect again now.

cheers

Ken

Back