01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera not recording on movement detection?

IanW

Hi I don’t know if anyone can help but since updating the firmware on my DS-2CD2087G2-LU CAMERA TOV5.7.17 build 240606 I am unable to record on movement detection but it will record on continuous the camera is plugged in to a DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR previously before upgrading the firmware it did record fine on movement detection.

This is an issue, possibly for all no high end NVRs NXI-K and NI-K or for those not using v5.0 firmware.
There is no solution for this.
I have installed and gone back to v5.7.15 for at least ten times since first release of v5.7.17 but the problem with Detection and VCA record cannot be solved.
The only thing you can try is increase Motion sensitivity, enable Notify Surveillance Center so that motion Events are separately recorded, reboot your NVR if settings are applied on Camera GUI and expect that only Human and Cars are Detected on Smart Events. If of cource Recognized according to your camera specifications, distance, lighting, Validity etc.
Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion and other than Human Smart detections do not work.
On the other hand, for those that can use Intelligent Search(if supported by the NVR), the new firmware is perfect and Intelligent search gives back accurate results. Was surprised when first time checked this...
I also would really like to use this firmware, but Detection for Motion and Smart must be fixed.

Hi thanks for the reply I have now reverted to 5.7.15 but now I have the problem of when I draw an area for motion detection I get the message Region is invalid no crossing line is allowed. I am now starting to think why didn’t I leave well alone
Kind regards
Ian

Try clearing previous regions first from NVR GUI Settings - Event, Motion and Smart, then check from Camera GUI with your browser if an area remains uncleared and if so clear regions from there too, then reboot both camera and NVR and re-draw Motion or Smart regions.
Rolling back firmware sometimes causes such issues. Possibly you shall also need to re-enable Notify Surveillance Center

Hi I have now tried your suggestion of clearing all areas on NVR GUI and camera rebooted them both but still get the error Region is invalid no crossing line is allowed.

Hi
Are you drawing the lines from NVR GUI or browser?
You can also try the Batch Configuration Tool, Operation, Remote Configuration for your camera or NVR, Event and try to draw the Areas from there. Motion and Smart.
If none of them works, possibly you have to reset the camera to factory default add to NVR and setup again.

Hi I’ve just got it sorted this morning I eventually reverted the camera back to factory default and started from scratch and it is now working ok. I would like to thank you for all your help it has been much appreciated
Kind regards
Ian

Back