01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Questions

Gareth Jones

Hi Phil,

Are you not selling Avigilon cameras any more? They are doing POE Dome cameras now and their software supports other manufacturers cameras. I thought that was their major issue, you could not add Axis cameras or the such for small areas indoors.

What cameras/systems do you think are comparable if you are not selling them?

Also,

Can you use Icatcher with the Vivotek bullet camera?

Gareth

Hello Gareth,

We are still happy to provide solutions based upon Avigilon cameras. Avigilon decided that promoting their Megapixel cameras online in webshops was not the optimum business model for them, and so we have removed their products from our online shop.

As you say, they have now released new multi-megapixel IP dome cameras, which can be powered via POE (Power Over Ethernet). These network dome cameras are vandal-resistant, and are also available with integral infra-red LEDs for good night-time performance.

Also, again as you mention, they have now upgraded their network CCTV software solution (Avigilon Control Centre) so that it is able to manage cameras from other manufacturers such as Axis.

We would need to discuss your requirement further and then provide you with a quotation to meet your Operational Requirement.

It should be noted that the project basis processing of Avigilon solutions often means that they do not normally carry a great deal of stock in the UK, and it is common for there to be a lead-time of several weeks for solutions to be supplied.

In terms of competitive solutions by other manufacturers:

• Pelco Sarix – Pelco have been a serious player in the analogue CCTV world for decades and have now fully embraced IP CCTV, their Sarix products are already remarkable. And yet, in their own words, they are “only just getting started”. (We can supply any Pelco CCTV products and will be adding the full range of Sarix IP CCTV cameras to our web shop).
  • Sanyo’s VCC-HD4000P is another remarkable camera, it won CCTV Product of The Year 2009 and offers great performance and good value for a 4 megapixel camera fitted with a 10 X optical zoom lens. Like Pelco, Sanyo are embracing IP CCTV and an increased range will be available later this year.
  • ACTi’s range of 1.3 megapixel IP CCTV cameras continue to offer the best value packaged cameras e.g. their 7411 VR dome and 1231 bullet camera being both ready-to-install; fitted with vari-focal lenses and in weatherproof housings.

Icode’s iCatcher console can record from the Vivotek bullet camera (7000 series).

Here is a full list of compatible cameras for iCatcher.

iCatcher still offers the best value open solution for IP CCTV recording, you can download a Free 21-day trial.

We expect to be able to announce a new and even better version of iCatcher Console in the next couple of months which is likely to offer an even greater range of camera compatibility and add-ons.

I covered a lot of ground there, feel free to come back to me on any issues …

Phil,

Do you think the Sanyo is likely to work with Icatcher?

What's the Sanyo software like?

I have used Icatcher before and its been quite good. I suspect they have improved it a lot since then.

I have potential two applications.

One is at our office with mainly a good outdoor camera needed and then smaller cameras to work indoors.

The other is at home, mainly to cover my drive. I will try to take some photo's so you can see what I am trying to cover.

Gareth

iCatcher cannot manage the Sanyo IP CCTV cameras just yet, but they may build this capability in after the upcoming Version 4 upgrade to iCatcher console.

The Sanyo software looks OK, I haven't used it in anger yet but it installs and runs fine. As with most manufacturers nowadays they are offering a free 1-channel unlicensed version of their CCTV recording software. We are trying to encourage Sanyo to make the 4-camera version of their software available in the UK.

Sanyo's VMS software offers support for a good range of camera brands.

Icode's iCatcher is still very good CCTV software, both in terms of value and performance, and we continue to promote it.

Back