01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Questions About the Best VMS/NVR solutions for Hanwha Wisenet QND-7010R & QND-7012R Cameras

Olly2607

Good morning,

I am part of an AV and ICT tech support team at a large school in Derbyshire. I have 2 queries that I hope I can find help with...

First, a little background info on the facilities we have. We are a large site and use a mixture of analogue and IP cameras in our monitoring system. Roughly 150+ analogue cameras and 32 IP cameras. We will also be adding a further 24 IP cameras later this year. The cameras record to a mixture of TVR and NVR units from either Hikvision or Truvision.

Our current IP cameras are Wisenet QND7010R, and we have recently added 8 7012R units, and we use Truvision Navigator and IVMS4200 for viewing and management.

My first query, we have been using recording the IP cameras on TVN22 units from Truvision, for which support has ceased... the 7010R units have been working fine, but the 7012r units don’t seem very happy on the system. They will show as connected and online, however live view of the cameras fails, and recording is sporadic. To "fix" this, we have updated the firmware of the TVN22 to version 2.9a (the last version before support stopped) and now all our IP cameras are showing a stream type error (stream type is not supported). I have tried to roll back the firmware of the TV22, but the issue remains... I have also tried various settings on each of the IP cameras, including H.264 and H.265 but no change to the error.

My second query, in an attempt to avoid replacing all of our TVR / NVR units, is there such as thing as a "generic" VMS that would allow different brands of NVR to be used on the same system? currently using two VMS systems is a pain when tracking through site... more so because the system has been added to over time, and most cameras on site don't run back in any particular order, so camera organization is lacking...

My last query, what would be a recommended brand to replace our existing NVR/TVR units with a unified manufacturer (if we have to)? There is a desire to avoid Hikvision at the school, and we have a need to unify both analogue and IP cameras…

Apologies for the long first post, and number of questions…

Kind Regards
Olly

Hi @Olly2607

Our thoughts on your questions are below:

Question 1 - Are the Wisenet cameras added to the TVN22 recorder using the ONVIF protocol? If not, maybe try changing the protocol to ONVIF as that might make your 3rd-party cameras more stable.

Question 2 - Most of the VMS solutions we work with are professional software that doesn't support adding NVRs. the usual way you would use paid-for VMS would be to install it on a custom PC server with HDDs fitted, you would then add the cameras directly to the VMS and record to that PC server (removing the need for the NVRs).

We would recommend looking at both Luxriot & Milestone as the best VMS options for a system of your size.

Question 3 - If you are mainly buying new Wisenet cameras now then we would recommend replacing your current recorders with Hanwha Wisenet NVRs which will offer full support for the Wisenet cameras and will support adding the Hikvision cameras as ONVIF cameras.

Back