01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Can I use two RFiD Tags to Open Two Different Doors?

Nissar

Hi,
I have a DS-KV8113-WME1(B) Doorbell, a DS-KH6320 Intercom, a Motorized Sliding Gate and a Swinging Gate with an Electric Lock.

My setup is:
  1. A visitor rings the Doorbell, the Intercom rings and depending on the type of visitor (vehicle or on foot) I either unlock the Sliding Gate for vehicles (Key Icon 1 on the Intercom screen) or the Swinging Gate for visitors on foot (Key Icon 2 on the Intercom screen).
  2. If there is a delay of 20 seconds with the Intercom not being responded to, my mobile phone and my wife's mobile phone rings (through the Hik-Connect App on iOS) where either of us is able to unlock either the Sliding Gate or Swinging Gate
So far so good. I have purchased 4 RFiD access tags, two black and two white. My idea has been to setup the following:

One black and one white RFiD access tag for me and one black and one white for my wife. I want the black RFiD access tags to open the Sliding Gate and the white ones to open the Swinging Gate.

I have accopmlished this partially, where the Electric Lock shows up as an Access Point in the IVMS and I have assigned the white RFiD tags to unlock the Sliding Gate. However, the black RFiD tags cannot be assigned to open Sliding Gate, because the Sliding Gate is not showing in the IVMS as an Access Point. As it appears right now, both black and white tags open the Swinging Gate.

I have been informed, that it could be because I do not have the right model of the Doorbell DS-KV8113-WME1(B), but I am not sure?! If that is the case, which model do I need?

Thank you!

Best regards
Nissar

Back