01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot access cameras after latest upgrade?

Chet

Hi Use-IP.

I wonder if you can help. Everything has been working fine with my system until i upgraded my hikvision nvr to the latest firmware today. I've attached a screenshot of my hardware and the firmware details together with a view of the what i see when i Live View.

I suspect the problem is something to do with an incorrect username or password as per the error message (attached). This monitor is connected to the nvr via hdmi. This monitor is used to view the cameras from the nvr, however can't seem to understand why it says incorrect username or password when i have logged in via a browser but just cant see any of the cameras.

Please advise.

I have reverted back to the previous firmware but that didn't work so I have gone back to the latest to help troubleshoot.
Chet

Attachments

• 20240911_130959.jpg
    20240911_130959.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240911_130500.jpg
    20240911_130500.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240911_130847.jpg
    20240911_130847.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 33
Hi @Chet

Can you please confirm the camera models you have connected to the NVR? Are those cameras connected directly to the NVR PoE ports?

Can you remember what firmware version your NVR was running before you updated to the latest version?

Hi Dan,

thank you for a prompt response. I'm sure my issue is something simple (fingers crossed). I cant remember the exact models for the cameras (you can look at my account via my email address and see the cameras I'm using but I think they are these models: Hikvision DS-2CD2145FWD-I 4mm 4MP Dome Network Camera. I may have 1 or 2 of the previous version to these, i have 6 cameras in total.

Cameras are connected into the NVR POE.

The firmware I was using was the previous one to the latest one, the 914. see attached.

Thanks again
Chet
firmware.JPG

Thanks @Chet

In the NVR settings under Camera Management, do you have Virtual Host enabled so that you can directly log in to each camera?

If you don't, please follow the instructions linked above to enable Virtual Host, log in to each camera, and then post in this forum thread the firmware versions currently being used by each camera.

I get the sense from you not being too sure what camera models you have, that you've probably never logged into the cameras and updated the firmware. If that is the case and the cameras have been installed since 2018/2020, they will likely be running very out-of-date firmware and this old firmware could be causing glitches with new NVR firmware.

Thanks Dan.

I've attached pictures of the what the IP channel is showing. The cameras appear offline, and when i click on the individual IP address url's for the cameras i get a unable to reach host.

I think you maybe right about the camera upgrades part but i think right now we need to get past the authentication part where its not recognising a username or password (which may be related to the camera upgrade you are referring too).

Please advise on next steps.

Thanks

Chet

Attachments

• Camera IP Channel.JPG
    Camera IP Channel.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
  • cannot reach IP cameras.JPG
    cannot reach IP cameras.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 19
just to update Dan. I've managed to reset all the cameras bar one which at the roof of the house so would need a ladder manually reset at the camera like ive done with the rest.
I can see connect directly to the NVR and get view of the cameras however using the ip/browser I get a Live Failed error. It did work briefly today but for some reason its now not working.

Please advise what could be the problem or how I should resolve this part.

Once this is resolved I will need to the the hik connect working again on my mobile phone to be able to view and then i am back to where i was before the firmware upgrade which may have caused these quirks.

I'm using Chrome and have also tried in edge. no other errors received

Thank you

Attachments

• live view failed.JPG
    live view failed.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 12
  • playback failed.JPG
    playback failed.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 11
ignore the above i've installed the plug in, refreshed page and its now working. brilliant....ticking each issue off. Now for the hik-connect. Any advise you can provide please message back to get this working again. I'll also see what articles are on the forum to assist me

Hi @Chet

Good to hear the browser access is working.

I can't see in your above posts any explanation of exactly what the Hik-Connect issue is, can you please explain what problem you are seeing in Hik-Connect? (maybe share some screenshots from the app showing what you are seeing)

sorry last post. I've set up the hik-connect for remote access via mobile quicker than i first thought. I just had to enter the encryption / verification code found on platform access tab. I've never had to do this before but better security for it.

Everything is working back to how it was and as expected. I've gone back to the previous firmware following issues with the latest firmware version ending 108. Using 914. The firmware issues experienced with 108 may have just been with me or something I may have done during the upgrade process which caused the said issues. Either way all is up and running, thank you for the articles / knowledge bases to help people like us try and resolve ourselves where possible,

Keep up the good work USE-IP. I'll be back for future purchases / upgrades.

Back