01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot connect directly to cameras? (virtual host is enabled)

khalo

I need to set min/max object size but it's not available in the NVR so have to access the cameras directly. I've read the forums and done a bunch of trial and error but have got no where. Any help would be much appreciated.

Issue: NVR loads fine but loading the camera in my web browser by these ports just gets 'cant reach page' error . I.e. http://192.168.1.168:65001/

Model: DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P

Virtual Host: I've enabled Virtual Host in the NVR and have attempted to access the cams using the provided web addresses. Image attached.

Nmap: I did an nmap scan and it shows the following: '65001/tcp filtered unknown'.

Firewalls: I've tried fully disabling both my router and windows firewalls.

Router: Both the NVR and my computer is connected to the same domestic Plusnet router via ethernet.

Ipconfig:
Using ipconfig on my computer I get the following:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.86
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

Please can you tell me a way to connect to these cams?

Attachments

• Cam Management.png
    Cam Management.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 89
Hi @khalo

What firmware version is the NVR currently running?
What browser are you using to log in to the NVR? Have you tried the virtual host links when logged into the NVR from different browsers?

Hi Dan,

Firmware: V4.31.102 build 210626

Browser: Edge with 'IEability' extension because IETab requires annual subscription now. Works fine for NVR interface.

Other browsers:

Edge as Guest ("can't reach this page / refused to connect")
Chrome ("this site can't be reached / refused to connect")
Firefox ("can’t establish a connection to the server")

Thanks will do. I assumed I was on the latest because under Maintenance>Check Upgrade, it says "Not detect new version, the current version is the latest".

Should I avoid that feature in future?

Yes, I have said a few times on different firmware-related forum threads that the "detect new firmware" button in the camera/NVR settings does not work.

If you need to find the newest firmware you should check the download portal from the links above and/or the product page on the Hikvision website.

The final firmware on that list fixed the issue in the sense a login page now appears using the virtual host URLs.

Next issue is the NVR user/pass is not being accepted when attempting to login to those cameras directly. I tried setting a custom password via Cam Management by unticking Plug&Play and entering the pass but this just made the camera go offline.

Any idea?

Hi @khalo

Can you access the NVR with a direct HDMI/VGA monitor?
What camera models do you have connected to the NVR?

Attached the cam model.

I was able to get in using the original password set by the engineer when he installed the system.

Thing is, I changed the NVR pass once I took ownership so it's odd that the cams never got that update and still using the old pass.

If need be, I can continue using the old pass for the cams. But any idea how to sync the pass? Now that I have cam access, is it a case of going to User Management and updating the 'admin' pass for each camera to the same as the NVR?

Attachments

• cams.png
    cams.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi @khalo

Good to hear you still remember the old password.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change the password of all the directly connected cameras as the NVR can only assign the password automatically at first setup/Plug & Play.

To change each camera password you would have to log in to each one, change the password, and then change the channels on the NVR to Manual rather than Plug & Play and manually change the password of each channel to the new camera password.

It might be easier to just keep the cameras on the old password, as you've changed the NVR password there would be no way for anyone that might know that old password to access the directly connected cameras.

Thanks, will do that.

I noticed that when I made a change to a Smart Event directly via the Cam, it didn't reflect on that corrosponding page in the NVR interface.

Is that normal? Do you recommend that I stick with only using the cams direct from now on due to lack of sync?

Cams access has unlocked the crucial min/max object feature which isn't available via the NVR interface.

Hi @khalo

Our usual recommendation is that if a particular camera setting is available in the NVR menus it should be set in the NVR and only camera-specific settings NOT found in the NVR menus should be set in the camera settings.

Back