01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot download video on PC via browser despite admin rights?

Ugo

Dear,
here is the status:
- 5 Hikvision IP cameras
- 1 HD, attached via USB to a Synology NAS, accessible via network through the NAS
- Each camera is configured as device able to record to the HD (each camera has a dedicated partition on the HD): no NVR
- Each camera records properly in the associated HD partition
- I can remotely playback videos recorded by the camera using Edge in IE compatibility mode, opened as Administrator
--> I cannot download any recording on the PC where the browser is running, even if files are properly stored in the HD: Downloading failed.
What am I missing? Where is the mistake?

Thanks for your support
ugo

Let me add a few more details:
- Also the Captures and Clipping function do not work: that is: during playback I cannot capture any screenshot or any video recording footage
- In Live View mode, I cannot start any local recording or capture any screenshot
Attached some config.
What should I check?
Please, help me!!!

Attachments

• Config1.png
    Config1.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Config2.png
    Config2.png
    20 KB · Views: 31
  • Config3.png
    Config3.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Config4.png
    Config4.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Config5.png
    Config5.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
Are you saying that when you run Edge / IE as an administrator you cannot download to a folder / file within the C: Drive of the browsing PC?

Exactly.
Furthermore I can neither record locally from Live view, nor capture a screenshot.

I have done the following on a spare device (but the problem appears to all 5 devices that are connected):
1. Downgrade firmware of spare device from 5.5.82 to 5.0.0: no change
2. Soft reset of spare device: no change
3. Hard reset of spare device: no change
4. Installed Palemoon: live view does not work
And:
1. When Device IP address is not in IE trusted site, the "camera" icon in liveview is grey, when Device IP address is in IE trusted sites, the "Camera" icon in liveview is black and I can select it. But when I press it, a folder with day's date is created in the defined destination, but no recording inside. This happens with spare device firmware 5.0.0. In other devices with firmware 5.5.82 a message "Recording faield" appears.
2. "Capture" icon is always balck, I can select it but no screenshot is taken
3. Installed iVMS, as a spare option: I can see live view, I can record locally, but footage previosuly recorded on NAS are not visible, so no download

I really thank you for interest in my case and support: we had some vandalism on our house walls and would like to go to the police with the footage, but no way. I do not know what to do...
Reg
ugo

Any idea? :-(
I have tried nearly everything...
My idea is that is a browser issue, but I do not know which other browser to use.
Please... Help!

Back