01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't add the second stream from the Tandemvu to my NVR?

nimnim

I would appreciate any suggestions on what I am doing wrong. I have the Tandemvu camera with two channels - Panorama and PTZ. When the device was initially added, it only added the PTZ channel. It didn't ask to select multiple Channel Ports, it just added PTZ like it's a single-channel camera. When I try to add the camera manually, entering the IP address and selecting a second Channel-Port - it adds the camera and briefly shows the video but stops after a second or two and says IP Camera Exception. Why is this happening to me?

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 11
This thread covers how the same issue was resolved on NVRs with V5 firmware:

It looks like your is on the V4 firmware, but I'd try disabling POE / Plug & Play on one of the channels to see if that fixes it (after making sure all the firmware is up to date).

Also, make sure you have DHCP off on the camera and NVR as mentioned in the last commend on the above post.

Which model NVR please?
And what firmware version is it running?
NVR model is: iDS-9632NXI-I8 / 16S
NVR Firmware: V4.1.25 build 181028

Camera model is: DS-2SE7C432MWG-EB/26
Camera firmware: V5.8.0 build 230321

This thread covers how the same issue was resolved on NVRs with V5 firmware:

It looks like your is on the V4 firmware, but I'd try disabling POE / Plug & Play on one of the channels to see if that fixes it (after making sure all the firmware is up to date).

Also, make sure you have DHCP off on the camera and NVR as mentioned in the last commend on the above post.
I am on v4 firmware, and my NVR doesn't have any PoE ports, so I am using a PoE switch. My switch can only supply up to 30W per port, and because of that, this camera was not working properly, so I bought a single-port 60W PoE injector. The camera started to work. Because of that, I don't think I would be able to control Plug&Play capability on a per-port basis. And I do have the DHCP disabled on the camera

Back