01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu cameras difference between models???

Sebby75

Hi..

I'm looking to install 2-3 cameras on my house in the near future..

Looking through available Hikvision models I am super confused about model naming and prices of seemingly very similar models...

For example:
Hikvision ColorVu 5MP DS-2CE72HFT-F28 seem to be widely available for around 45-50GBP
Hikvision ColorVu 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU seem to be also popular but price hovers around 120-180GBP

Could somebody enlighten me about difference between them??
Are letters and number in model name supposed to mean anything??

Thinking 2 ColorVu cameras at the front and one infrared Darkfighter at the back of the house where it's pretty much pitch black at night..
Can led light be turned off or dimmed to lower intensity level on all of the ColorVu models?? Wouldn't like to annoy neighbours..

I am confident that I am able to install and setup everything myself.. only picking right cameras seem to be the issue.. pricing and model numbers just don't seem to compute in my head.. I'd rather purchase more expensive model if it is significantly better option.. Rather try to get it done and dusted than stumble in the dark and return product I would not be happy with.

Regards
Seb

The main two differences between these cameras are that the DS-2CE72HFT-F28 falls under a category of cameras named TurboHD. These cameras require a DVR which they will all have to connect to using coaxial cables. The DS-2CD2347G2-LU is an IP camera, these have a lot more flexibility in how you can run them. IP cameras can be connected directly to your local network, allowing you to access them through almost any device that can connect to the internet.

If you would like to see some more comparisons between these two cameras you have listed, I have attached the product comparison below for you to look at.

Here are links to 2 cameras which would suit your needs. The first one is to a camera that would work out the back of your house where it gets very dark, the other link is to the camera you have mentioned, which would suit you best when thinking about getting the most on a budget.

Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Built-In Microphone

Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera

Attachments

• Compare Page - Hikvision.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 335
Is it then the case that cameras with CD in naming are connected with ethernet cable and can be powered via POE,
and cameras with CE in naming use coaxial cable??

Wish that naming was slightly more logical.. but I think I start to gather... found some website that tries to explain all letters and numbers in Hikvision camera model naming, though it seem to be slightly outdated and doesn't seem to cover all of the suffix letters at the end...

Anyway.. I think i'm on the right track...

Thanks a bunch
Sebastian

DS-2CD is what almost all HikVision's network cameras will start with, except for some specific more specialized models.

Whereas the 'CE' is specifying that it is an analog camera in the 'E' series.

If you are looking for some more help with explaining what all the characters mean, please follow the link below and hopefully that should help give you more of an understanding. It will still be missing a few things as it is now 3 years old but should be able to give you a better idea of what it all means.

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/HikvisionProductCatalogue.pdf

Reactions: Dan
Back