01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu or Acusense cameras

michty_me

Good morning everyone,

I've recently joined the forum after looking at a setup for a home install.
I've got all wiring on place already and mostly deicded which NVR I require (Still unsure if I should just take an 8 Channel) but I seem to be stuck on choosing which cameras to purchase.

I initially wanted to choose the ColorVu camera but have been advised elsewhere that the white light will be on permanently (At night/Low light level) which may not be ideal. Watching videos on Youtube implies that it can be turned off via the web browser GUI if required?

What I like about the Acusense cameras is the function to be able to flash the white light when motion is detected.
Is that feature available on the ColorVu camera?

I think a 4mm lens would be sufficient for my needs.

The cameras would be fitted to a property set back from a street so the back garden and drive way can be relatively dark with street lighting possibly 20-30metres away.

Any thoughts or advice on the differences between feature sets of each of the ColorVu or Acusense cameras would be greatly beneficial.

Many thanks

Hi @michty_me

Welcome to the forum, you are correct that it is possible to dim or turn off completely the visible white LED on the ColorVu cameras, but do be aware that obviously you will lose some clarity and detail if not using the visible light. You did say though that there is some street lighting so you may be okay without the light on.

Flashing LED is only a function on the AcuSense cameras I'm afraid, in terms of the difference between AcuSense and ColorVu we would recommend taking a look at this forum post that explains the key features each range has.

If you do consider AcuSense cameras then we would recommend that you look at an I-series NVR like the DS-7608NI-I2/8P as the v4 firmware that the I-series NVRs use supports the majority of the AcuSense features, while the K-series NVRs that run older firmware do not.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to answer the questions that I had.
That is good news regarding the LED being able to be dimmed or switched off if required. It would certainly make it easier to manage with that being a feature.

The flashing LED would have been a fantastic feature to have as an option on that camera too. It still makes the Acusense very appealing as I feel it too has a strong feature list.

The NVR I have been looking at is from the I-Series so that is good to know.

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Dan , I've read the descriptions of the different techs, but I'm still not clear about the following:

1. Which gives better images at night, ColorVu or DarkFighter? It's not obvious whether "advanced lenses with F1.0 aperture and high performance sensor" is better or worse than "combination of larger sensor, improved lens design and multiple advanced technologies". I've searched for comparisons, and what I found suggested ColorVu performs better at night, but I don't know if this comparison was carried out well.

2. If ColorVu is better at night, why is AcuSense only available with DarkFighter not ColorVu? There is nothing in the description of the different techs that implies ColorVu and AcuSense should be mutually exclusive, but looking at available cameras suggests they are.

From what is available, I think the only realistic option for me is this G2 AcuSense+DarkFighter camera:

so I'm considering mounting a low power light source next to each camera to try to give good night performance, as some of the areas I need to cover are extremely dark at night.

Hi @Dan , I've read the descriptions of the different techs, but I'm still not clear about the following:

2. If ColorVu is better at night, why is AcuSense only available with DarkFighter not ColorVu? There is nothing in the description of the different techs that implies ColorVu and AcuSense should be mutually exclusive, but looking at available cameras suggests they are.

There is new camera on the market, AcuSence + ColorVu.
DS-2CD3047G2-LS – 4MP ColorVu & AcuSense Fixed Mini Bullet Network
I can post a link where I found it but not sure is it allowed.

Regards.

Hi @sentinel44

On this occasion, we would ask that you don't link to this product because from our searching of the model number we cannot find any trace of it on an official Hikvision site (UK, EU, or further), also the technical specs seem different to the standard ColorVu models. All of this makes us wary that this is actually an official product for the UK/EU regions and so we wouldn't want to recommend it until it is officially listed by Hikvision.

@Dan
I found two more interesting cameras: DS-2CD2047G20-L(U) & DS-2CD2347G2-L(U). So far they are only on the Ukrainian market, but I am willing to wait for them as soon as You will be able to get them. Option to have colorful image at night with human or vehicle smart detection is all I dream of :)

@sentinel44

Another member of our team has investigated these models and it does not look like they will be available anytime soon, the only details we could get from Hikvision is that they will be released in Q4 this year but no confirmation on when we can expect stock to arrive in the UK.

Back