01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Comments on Video Parameters

JohnWB

I have just had a CCTV sysem installed at my house with a Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1/P DVR and 4 DS-2CE72HFT-F28 Cameras

I have atached a shot of the Video Parameters and would like to know if they seem ok, or could they be improved please

CCTV  Video.JPG

We never get hands-on with Hikvision's analogue cameras and recorders.
Higher settings could be set.
But the options where you could go higher/better are greyed-out, I guess because h.265+ is enabled.

Not sure if you got sorted but I’ve got that camera. It’s a 5MP camera that is set lower for some reason. You have to go into the OSD settings and change it per camera. Follow this useful quick tutorial.
I don’t use the light on it as I have enough ambient light. I also don’t use 265+ either. Didn’t see a benefit?

OOOh shame on you - posting video from a Hikvision supplier other than Use-IP!

Without use of the video:
  1. Click PTZ
  2. Click Iris Open to display the camera menu
  3. Tilt down to Video - Iris Open
  4. Pan left/right to change from 4MP to 5MP 20
  5. Camera will lose video briefly and return with the new setting
  6. Tilt down to Save and `Exit - Iris open
The 5MP resolution is a different aspect ratio to the 4MP setting. When viewing on a phone in landscape mode it'll appear a bit stretched.

Shame on me? Can you explain why please? I’ve not been a member of this forum for long and the admin are posting demo videos from the same people? I was being helpful lol

It's fine @Jfd7000 :)
use-IP Ltd run this forum alongside our webshop.
Obviously we charge nothing / make nothing from the forum - we just try to be helpful, and in doing so that exhibits (we hope) that we know what we are talking about :D

Other sources available on the web can be seen as competitors to us i.e. if they also sell the same ranges of products.
But, in the Google age, it's no good pretending that we don't have competitors out there!
As you rightly say, where A N Other provides a good resource then our team too might link to it.

I'm sure @JB1970 was only teasing you with his comment ;)
He is an outstanding contributor to this forum.
He willingly gives loads of his time to help others and often takes the time to write long-form and comprehensive explanations and guides.
We are all very lucky to have him contributing here, and are very grateful for his many contributions :) (530 Posts and counting!!)

Yup - it was said in jest. I don't usually use "Ooooh" at the start of a sentence when I'm being serious.

It's fine @Jfd7000 :)
use-IP Ltd run this forum alongside our webshop.
Obviously we charge nothing / make nothing from the forum - we just try to be helpful, and in doing so that exhibits (we hope) that we know what we are talking about :D

Other sources available on the web can be seen as competitors to us i.e. if they also sell the same ranges of products.
But, in the Google age, it's no good pretending that we don't have competitors out there!
As you rightly say, where A N Other provides a good resource then our team too might link to it.

I'm sure @JB1970 was only teasing you with his comment ;)
He is an outstanding contributor to this forum.
He willingly gives loads of his time to help others and often takes the time to write long-form and comprehensive explanations and guides.
We are all very lucky to have him contributing here, and are very grateful for his many contributions :) (530 Posts and counting!!)
Sorry about that Phil and JB. I didn’t realise you were also a shop and I had seen Dan post examples from this supplier so thought it would be ok. Sorry about that.

No worries.

Yeah, we're a bit (too) subtle about also selling things ;)
At the very top-left under our logo there is a 'Shop' button.
And, after every first post in this forum we place a random advert to something in our shop (who ever notices / clicks adverts???).

Back