01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Compatible Junction Box for 7A26/P?

jackm1

Hello all,

I have purchased a second hand DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS and unfortunately it did not come with its original back box.
I initially shrugged it off as I knew I had a spare one, however, I did not realise that specifically the 7A26 has a much larger plate and is not compatible with the box I had.

So I am wondering if there is another box available to purchase (anywhere) that would support the 140mm diameter of this camera plate? And if there isn't, any suggestions?

Thank you!

HikVision do have a habit of regularly changing the sizes of back boxes and/or screw hole positions *just slightly* to make them incompatible with older models, why they just can't decide on some standards I don't know... If the proper one isn't available anywhere then:

Not my handiwork but I saw this the other day and is seems to work - standard plastic external junction box with the camera attached to lid and cable glands added.
cctv.jpg

HikVision do have a habit of regularly changing the sizes of back boxes and/or screw hole positions *just slightly* to make them incompatible with older models, why they just can't decide on some standards I don't know... If the proper one isn't available anywhere then:

Not my handiwork but I saw this the other day and is seems to work - standard plastic external junction box with the camera attached to lid and cable glands added.
View attachment 11539
Is disappointing to see the typical company wanting to change something ever-so-slightly to ensure incompatability.

I was considering something similar to the photo, but I am concerned about the weight of the camera hanging off the plastic cover. I'm sure that I'll end up with a solution like this however.

Thanks for your response!

Back