01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Junction box?

milleniumaire

I'm looking to purchase some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL 4MP cameras. As far as I can tell, the following brackets/junction boxes are compatible with these cameras:

Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-DM21 Junction Box
Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-PT6 Junction Box

These appear to be the same, apart from the DM21 includes a waterproof rubber, which is required for outdoor installations, so not sure why the PT6 even exists, or why it is more expensive than the PT6. Am I missing something?

I'm looking to purchase some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL 4MP cameras. As far as I can tell, the following brackets/junction boxes are compatible with these cameras:

Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-DM21 Junction Box
Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-PT6 Junction Box

These appear to be the same, apart from the DM21 includes a waterproof rubber, which is required for outdoor installations, so not sure why the PT6 even exists, or why it is more expensive than the PT6. Am I missing something?
I've never come across the second one, the DM21 is the correct box.

I've never come across the second one, the DM21 is the correct box.
Thanks for confirming.

On the use-ip website, against the DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL, the PT6 version of the junction box is listed as "Frequently bought together", but there's no mention of the DM21 junction box, which I discovered elsewhere. Not sure why use-ip only relate the PT6 when the DM21 seems like a better option! Maybe they need to change their product association data.

Thanks for confirming.

On the use-ip website, against the DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL, the PT6 version of the junction box is listed as "Frequently bought together", but there's no mention of the DM21 junction box, which I discovered elsewhere. Not sure why use-ip only relate the PT6 when the DM21 seems like a better option! Maybe they need to change their product association data.
Hmmm unless the LSU/SL has a different base....My supplier hasn't got that camera in stock yet so I've not had one. I'd just check the hole pattern and measurements on the LSU/SL data sheet and compare it with the standard LU model to see if there's any difference.

Hmmm unless the LSU/SL has a different base....My supplier hasn't got that camera in stock yet so I've not had one. I'd just check the hole pattern and measurements on the LSU/SL data sheet and compare it with the standard LU model to see if there's any difference.
I have downloaded the data sheets from Hikvision for both junction boxes and the sizes/hole placement etc is identical and matches the LSU/SL base so either junction box would work, I just don't understand why Hikvision would produce two almost identical junction boxes so wasn't sure if I was missing an important difference between the two!

The data sheets are identical apart from the images, which appears to show a waterproof rubber for the DM21, but not for the PT6, although it may be the PT6 rubber is the same colour as the box. It's hard to tell! It may be that the colour of the waterproof rubber is the ONLY difference between the two boxes and if so I imagine the PT6 white rubber (same as the box) would result in a seamless installation when the camera was fitted to it, unlike the DM21 where the black edge of the rubber may be visible! I'm guessing.

I have downloaded the data sheets from Hikvision for both junction boxes and the sizes/hole placement etc is identical and matches the LSU/SL base so either junction box would work, I just don't understand why Hikvision would produce two almost identical junction boxes so wasn't sure if I was missing an important difference between the two!

The data sheets are identical apart from the images, which appears to show a waterproof rubber for the DM21, but not for the PT6, although it may be the PT6 rubber is the same colour as the box. It's hard to tell! It may be that the colour of the waterproof rubber is the ONLY difference between the two boxes and if so I imagine the PT6 white rubber (same as the box) would result in a seamless installation when the camera was fitted to it, unlike the DM21 where the black edge of the rubber may be visible! I'm guessing.
If the rubber is black you do see a very thin line around the circumference but to be honest it’s barely more noticeable than it would be if there was no seal.

Has anyone figured out if there's a difference in these yet?

I'm looking to order some ds-2cd2387g2-lsu-sl, and the recommended box on the spec sheet is the PT6, but the place that has the cameras in stock doesn't have the PT6, but they do have the DM21.

Am I better off with the DM21 anyway for better weatherproofing?

Hi @IP Man

Spec-wise both junction boxes do look exactly the same, both do have the rubber waterproof seal just the one on the PT6 is white rather than black. I think sometimes if a junction box or bracket has been out for many years Hikvision will phase it out and replace it with a new model, even if that new model is almost exactly the same.

We usually recommend that customers go with the junction box that is recommended on the camera datasheet simply because in the past we have seen junction boxes that look almost identical but then people have tried the non-recommended box and found that the layout of the mounting holes on the base of the new cameras has changed slightly and this no longer lines up with the holes on the older junction box.

I have installed 5 x DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and successfully used the DM21 for all 5. It is a good solid junction box and does the job well.

I couldn't find any difference apart from the colour of the rubber seal between the DM21 and the PT6 and as the DM21 was cheaper for me to purchase I went with that one.

While the rubber seal that comes with the white DM21 junction boxes is black, it is barely noticeable and so for me, that was certainly not a reason to purchase the PT6.

Great stuff, thank you both for the good info. Will go with the DM21 in that case! :)

@milleniumaire, how are those cams working for you? The must be a pretty fresh install as I think they've only just started arriving, haven't they?

I purchased and installed them last August (2021). I started with a couple to test them out, then got an additional 3, so I have 5 installed around the house.

I'm very pleased with them and much prefer the colour image that you get during the night.

Excellent. I thought the LSU/SL model with two way audio only just came out as I couldn't find them when I looked a few weeks ago. Didn't realise they'd been out since august.

EDIT: I think you have the 4MP ones if it's the ones in the OP, I'm thinking of the newer 8MP ones.

Back