01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New CCTV Setup - PoE 4 Channel - 2 cameras not displaying video?

iftttnewbie

Hi All,

Please could you help?

I've purchase the following:

1 x NVR:
DS-7604NXI-K1/4P
Note: I'm using the 4 x PoE switches on the NVR

4 x Hikvision IP Cameras:
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU-SL

Ethernet is used for power (PoE) via a massive 100m Cat6 roll which was then crimped.

Problem:
Only 2 cameras work together rather than 4 when ethernet is directly wired into NVR.

Camera 1: working well, less than 7m from NVR to camera
Camera 2: working well, less than 10m from NVR to camera

Camera 3: not working, about 15m from NVR to camera
Solution: attached a PoE switch to this port and then wired a camera to the PoE switched. This camera now works. Why is this working rather than directly to NVR PoE port?

Camera 4: Not working, about 20m from NVR to camera. Not even working when connected to PoE switch rather than NVR PoE port.

Is my problem one of power struggling to get to camera 4? If so, what can I purchase to solve this?

Thanks all

I think recommended maximum run of Cat5/6 PoE is 100 metres. So if the cable is good, the ends are wired correctly then you should have no problems. Personally I have a couple of cameras with longer runs with no problems, although these long runs are on PoE switches not direct to NVR.

Firstly, have you wired the ends of all cables to the T-568B wiring colours/order as shown here?:

If the cables are wired different then that can impact the data transfer speeds/errors.

There are some different standards of PoE but of course the 4 HikVision cameras should work on the HikVision NVR and looking at specs there is easily enough Watts power from the NVR if it's working correctly (Cameras listed as Max 8W each, NVR PoE listed as <= 50W).

Hi, thank you for the response. All cameras show up on Hikvision display when plugged directly into the NVR so it seems there is enough power (and I suppose this eliminates the crimping issue of wiring being done correctly?

However all 4 cameras loaded at the same time does not work and some cameras don't connect. That is the issue I'm having. Not sure if it is a power issue or a configuration issue. Do you know how I can reset the IPs for the cameras as I have done a bit of swapping after initial connection.

Hi @iftttnewbie

Are you able to share your video/stream settings for the cameras?
Do you have all the cameras set to H.265 or H.265+?

Hi Dan, thank you for the message, how do I share the video stream settings?

I have them set on H.265+

Thanks @iftttnewbie

You can just screenshot the settings or take a photo of your direct monitor.

When you say you connected a switch to the PoE port, did you do any configuration in the NVR to make this work?

Hi Dan,

Finally managed to fix the problem last night.

For the benefit of others, I had two main issues:

Problem 1 - Locked out of IP cameras due to password issue
Even though I could access the web portal for NVR, the cameras' IP addresses were not loading their individual login portals. I reset the NVR to factory default settings but cameras were still not resetting. I was worried I'd have to bring the cameras down from their high positions to do a hard reset by pressing the button on the cameras but managed to get into the cameras' web access by connecting my laptop to a PoE switch. Also connected the LAN cable to the switch and also all 4 cameras. Then downloaded SADP tool and all the devices were showing with new IP addresses. Then I could enter the correct IPs and login to web portal for each camera and reset the password.

Problem 2 - Original problem that only 2 or 3 cameras would show and not all when connected directly to NVR PoE ports
I realised the problem was enabling the following on NVR's web portal:
Configuration -- Camera Management -- PoE Channel - Enable/Disable PoE PnP
I had all 4 cameras enabled with PoE PnP when actually they need to be disabled.

Now all 4 cameras load when directly plugged into NVR's PoE ports, no need even for a PoE switch.

Hope this helps someone else, I had multiple sleepless nights trying to fix this.

Back