01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing my new Hikvision setup?

MattS

Hi everyone,

New here and very much new to this type of CCTV camera setup previously just used a blink camera setup.

I've just had 3 cameras installed and the electrician has told my partner to just access the camera from her mobile phone using the HIK-Connect app and have me download the app and log into the app using the same login details. I was at work at the time so didn't get to speak to the electrician. The electrician didn't set up motion detection because he is "sick of having to call back to houses to switch it off". I need the motion detection and without it, it kinda defeats the purpose that I'm using the camera for.

I have 3 Hikvision HiLook ColorVu Lite IPC-T259H 5MP cameras connected to Hikvision HiLook NVR-104MH-C/4P (D) 4 channel 4K NVR with 4 port POE.

I've looked online and seen that you need to access the NVR by using the IP address. So I've downloaded the SADP tool and got the IP address which when entered into Chrome brings me to a login screen. The login details that we use for HIK-connect don't seem to work.

So the question is, am I going about this all the correct way and what do I use for the login details?

The electrician is due to call back in the next week or so as one of the cameras went offline pretty much as soon as he left. So I could ask him but would like to get this all up and working as soon as possible.

Any direction would be great.

The login details that we use for HIK-connect don't seem to work.

So the question is, am I going about this all the correct way and what do I use for the login details?
The Hik-Connect details are different. The installer will have created a password for the 'admin' user on the recorder. You must get that from them as without it you can't do much, and you may be unable to reset it (Hikvision support tend to only deal with installers not end users and may not assist with a password reset)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Spoke with the electrician he has advised that I need to plug a monitor into the recorder and use the mouse to draw a pattern and access the recorder that way.

Once I have accessed the recorder this way is there any way to set it up so I can access it wirelessly on my laptop?

Save me the hassle of having to go into the loft everytime I want to make changes.

Spoke with the electrician he has advised that I need to plug a monitor into the recorder and use the mouse to draw a pattern and access the recorder that way.
That will get you admin access but it is a secondary method of accessing the menu. You don't know and cannot change the admin password without knowing the current admin password. Your electrician has no business withholding the password. Insist on having it as the pattern is no use (with the password you can just use your laptop and a web browser to access it)

Last edited:
Back