01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) doorbell not ringing app?

jaym

Hi guys I need help getting my doorbell working correctly. I have just bought the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C). Everything is working except the hik connect app doesn't ring on my phone.

It's connected to the app, as I can do the following:
  • Live view doorbell
  • It sends me motion detection alerts
  • It stores photo of the person at the door
  • It tells me I've missed a "call" in my app notifications
  • When I press the doorbell a 2nd time, I receive notification saying call cancelled

It just doesn't ring on the mobile phone! I've tried every app permission on my galaxy S3, still nothing.

The manual says to change the "Button Call" settings, but it's already set to the default "all day" schedule.

I paired the device using scan QR code. And I've deleted the device and added it manually using serial number. Same result for both.

Out the box I used SADP, activate the device, added password, enabled DHCP, then scanned qr code.

I deleted the device, reset to default, then used IVMS 4200 to setup. Same result. The app doesn't ring.

NOTE: I updated the firmware before all of this.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? I'm guessing there's a step I've missed somewhere!

Thanks

Hi guys I need help getting my doorbell working correctly. I have just bought the DS-KV6113-WPE1(C). Everything is working except the hik connect app doesn't ring on my phone.

It's connected to the app, as I can do the following:
  • Live view doorbell
  • It sends me motion detection alerts
  • It stores photo of the person at the door
  • It tells me I've missed a "call" in my app notifications
  • When I press the doorbell a 2nd time, I receive notification saying call cancelled

It just doesn't ring on the mobile phone! I've tried every app permission on my galaxy S3, still nothing.

The manual says to change the "Button Call" settings, but it's already set to the default "all day" schedule.

I paired the device using scan QR code. And I've deleted the device and added it manually using serial number. Same result for both.

Out the box I used SADP, activate the device, added password, enabled DHCP, then scanned qr code.

I deleted the device, reset to default, then used IVMS 4200 to setup. Same result. The app doesn't ring.

NOTE: I updated the firmware before all of this.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? I'm guessing there's a step I've missed somewhere!

Thanks
In the Hik-Connect app check

Me > Settings > Notification Settings > Call Notifications. Should be on.
Me > Settings > Notification Settings > Call Notification Settings. Your doorbell should be there and on.

I can't think of anything else, it should just work.

In the Hik-Connect app check

Me > Settings > Notification Settings > Call Notifications. Should be on.
Me > Settings > Notification Settings > Call Notification Settings. Your doorbell should be there and on.

I can't think of anything else, it should just work.
Brilliant! It's now working. I've been pulling my hair out for 2 days deleting cameras and apps and re-adding the doorbell. Can't believe one simple setting solved it! Thank you so much

I also have a problem getting it onto the NVR. Shall I post it as a new topic?

As a test setup, here's what I've done.
KV6113 is connected to a POE Switch. I then found the IP address using SADP. Then logged into NVR and added the camera manually using IP address (192.168.0.172). IT WORKS PERFECTLY

However, I've ran the KV6113 cable to the NVR only (no POE switch available at this location). The NVR is DS-E04NI-Q1/4P

When KV6113 is connected to port 4 of NVR, the device is showing as offline.

I assumed it would work, as I thought the NVR gave POE just like it's doing with the other 3 camera turrets.

Now when I log into the NVR > Camera Management. The 3 cameras are online (192.168.254.2 192.168.254.3 192.168.254.4)
But the doorbell/4th camera is offline (192.168.0.172)

It looks like the NVR is not giving internet connection to the doorbell

When KV6113 is connected to port 4 of NVR, the device is showing as offline.

I assumed it would work, as I thought the NVR gave POE just like it's doing with the other 3 camera turrets.

Now when I log into the NVR > Camera Management. The 3 cameras are online (192.168.254.2 192.168.254.3 192.168.254.4)
But the doorbell/4th camera is offline (192.168.0.172)
That's correct. The PoE ports have their own subnet not connected to the internet; it's supposed to be that way.

You need to either use PoE via a separate PoE switch or PoE injector (available on Amazon). Connect the doorbell to your LAN not the NVR (you can still program the NVR to record the feed from the LAN connected doorbell)

Is there a away to access the cameras connected to the DS-E04NI-Q1-4P through their own logins. There is no 'Virtual Host' feature on the DS-E04NI-Q1-4P?

Back