01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Choosing a compatible replacement camera?

frances

Hi all,

My mother has a Hikvision camera system Model number DS 7204HUHI-K1. It was installed a few years ago. Recently one of the cameras disconnected from the screen. The original installer took a look and cut the wire to that camera and threw it in the bin, damaging the screen in the process. He quoted her €595 inc. VAT to replace and refit the camera or €3200 to replace the entire system which was his recommendation. (incidentally he lives 10 minutes away and was on the property for 20 minutes and charged a €100 call-out fee)

Needless to say I feel this is excessive having looked at the cost of these cameras to buy. She is elderly and lives alone rurally so is an easy target.

I asked an electrician to take a look and he told her to buy a new camera and he would re-install. I've found a supplier but I don't know the compatible cameras for this model. The supplier suggested Hikvision DS-2CE78H0T-IT3E 5MP POC Turret Camera 2.8mm but they won't take responsibility for whether or not it's the correct model.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi @frances

The specs for the DVR you have says it can support 5MP analog cameras, so there shouldn't be any issue using that camera with the existing DVR.

Thanks so much Dan, I really appreciate your input. I'll order that and have the electrician install it for her :)

He quoted her €595 inc. VAT to replace and refit the camera or €3200 to replace the entire system which was his recommendation.
OMG - I'm gobsmacked at that. I won't discuss pricing on here but needless to say that installer should be featuring on BBCs Rogue Traders program.

Last edited:
Back