01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Selecting the best replacement wired intruder alarm - Hikvision wired DS-PWA96-M2H-WE vs VESTA vs AJAX?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Martel

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to change my old ADSL alarm (Siemens Sintony 60) to a new one, considering I already have Hikvision NVR and cameras I would like to go for the Hikvision one but I've seen other brands like Ajax, Vesta, Delta Dore.

I'm based in France so I might not have all the options available to me.

From what I found on the wired options:

HIKVISION -> DS-PWA96-M2H-WE
VESTA -> HSGW-G8-4G-F1-868-DT-18
AJAX -> must go through pro vendors for the wired version.
Delta Dore -> no wired version

I have few questions for those who already have installed similar alarms:

Installation
Can I re-use the wired detectors I have in place? (Door, PIR) or should I buy the one sold by the supplier?
From what I've seen on this video at 2:50
he is adding the wired magnetic contact DS-PD1-MC-WS but on the app it's not detected as "Hikvision" just as standard "wired device" so I'm guessing the device can be any standard i/o magnetic contact for the control panel?

Same question for the PIR detector.

For the wired sounder there are 2 model sold by hikvision (BLUE / RED)
Can i buy any other sounder and make it work with the Hikvision central?

Communication
I will go with IP + GSM in case of internet outage, we can't rely on the ADSL anymore here in France. For the GSM we have some cheap sim card for 2€ with unlimited SMS, but no internet data.
From what I understand for the GSM is that we can receive call from the alarm, receive SMS, in case of an outage (internet/electricity, whatever), can we disable by phone or SMS the alarm?
If we would like to have camera available, i should consider sim card with mobile data + inveter

Security
The alarm networking works the same as the NVR and cameras? You have the main NVR and it create another subnet for the different devices?

The Hikvision seems very "practiclar" with the hikconnect app, the prices are way more interesting than the other brand, I'm just worrying if it's a good option to take all Hikvision

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Back