01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting a microphone to my Hikvision camera?

SeanJ

I am trying to connect a microphone to my HIK ANPR camera using what I think is a POE injector box (?).

I’m having trouble trying to work out how to do this or even if I have got the right cables/connectors. Anyway from the pic you can hopefully see my cam with it’s white power in lead (female ethernet) and what is labelled my audio input cable (white female mini jack connector) both sticking up. There is also my black injector splitter which I believe takes my existing POE connection that I use to power my cam into it and ports it out again via another POE ethernet cable to power my cam with what looks like a black power lead coming out of that. That’s where my understanding of it finishes. The white microphone has what I think its a red female power input cable (?) and also what looks like a white audio cable (is this audio out from the microphone?) and what looks like another black power cable.

I cannot see what to do to put this together to enable sound on my camera and would be grateful for any help if anyone can give me a steer on this and hope i’ve included enough information about it. Any help gratefully received
image0.jpeg

thanks for the PM for the youtube tute I wasn't aware of on this. If it helps anyone else:

It turned out the HIK camera has one of those little rectangle plugs for it's 12volts in so the round power plug coming off the microphone isn't going to work for me unless i can maybe find some sort of adapter. Dang! :-(

Back