01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using a Dahua NVR and an external microphone?

hae

Hello. I have Dahua NVR4108HS-4KS2 and two cameras IPC-HFW1230S.
Cameras don't have built in mic nor audio connector to connect external microphone. Receiver has two female RCA connectors, labeled Mic IN and Mic out.
I have external microphone from link below:

0.39ï¿¡ 85% OFF|Audio Surveillance Microphone | Microphone Cctv System | Security Cctv Microphone - High - Aliexpress

My idea is to place this microphone near one of two cameras, power it with 12V and connect it with NVR for sound recording. Is it possible?

Hi @hae

It should be possible to connect a microphone directly to the NVR, but when we've discussed this before for the Hikvision NVRs we sell, it has been confirmed that the audio will be applied/recorded to all camera channels on the NVR.

You will probably need to speak to Dahua support and/or a Dahua seller/installer to get confirmation if the above is the same for Dahua NVRs.

Hello Dan, thanks a lot for reply. Can you send me link to that discussion, please?
I sent mail to Dahua support.

Hi @hae

Attached is the Hikvision document that explains how the NVR audio works, I had forgotten that you can't actually record the audio and it can only be used when viewing the live streams.

Attachments

• How to use two-way-audio function.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Back