01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I need an IP camera that supports 4K video, AAC Audio encoding, and long clip length?

crawlex

I currently have a hikvision NVR and hikvision cameras and it served me well until I started trying to export files from the system for any type of use.

The incompatibility with the hikvision audio codecs with common media players and editing software, in combination with the limitations to the hikvision conversion and merging tools leaves me longing for a 4k camera that supports AAC audio encoding.

My requirements are as follows.
4k min, large sensor camera similar to hikvision colorvu
Audio microphone built in or external mic supported
Long video clip lengths at least 40minute videos in a single file export

Any ideas?

Hi @crawlex

Are you trying to export footage from the direct HDMI monitor or from the browser?

Hi @crawlex

Are you trying to export footage from the direct HDMI monitor or from the browser?

I have exported from both, and don’t really have a preference as far as that goes. The problems I run into are after I have the data on my local machine. And I think most of my problems stem from audio codecs hikvision uses. It’s not compatible with any software other than hikvision VS player.

And VS player does not support h.265 conversion. Also the merge function in VS player causes an audio misalignment with the video file.

Right now my process is:
1. Download the media
2. Merge in VS player
3. Convert to h.264, aac audio in VS player
4. Import converted file into adobe premere to correct audio misalignment.
5. Re-encode in h.265 with adobe or handbrake

It’s very tedious and if anyone has any suggestions about how to get to a usable format in a more efficient way i would like to know.

If not for the archaic G.711.ulaw audio encoding that hikvision uses most of the process wouldn’t be necessary…. Hikvision will only support a 1gb file size as well which is something that also causes issues for my process because I have to merge files.

If there is a system out there which encodes auto in AAC right from the camera and also has a larger max file size limit. I would like to upgrade to that system instead.

Thanks @crawlex

What camera & NVR models do you have?

We checked a current AcuSense 8MP camera model and it does support switching AAC audio (see below) but you have to login directly to the camera to change the audio encoding.

thumbnail_image001 (5).png

If your camera is plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR you can enable Virtual Host to login to each camera directly and adjust camera-specific settings like this.

Back