01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I need help with cameras offline + audio issue

It installed without an issue or any errors. When I rebooted the machine, it asked me again, and I installed it again.
I can see the live view when I log into a single camera, but not when I log into the NVR, so I don't think it's the plugin.
I'm using Microsoft Edge browser. I could try install Chrome?
You could try chrome, need to check the NVR and camera firmware versions. Can you post them? fuzz out any serial numbers.

Also make sure win10 / 11 and VM software is updated.

Hikconnect working shows that this could be browser / firmware related.

I can't see port forwarding affecting this.

David

You could try chrome, need to check the NVR and camera firmware versions. Can you post them? fuzz out any serial numbers.

Also make sure win10 / 11 and VM software is updated.

Hikconnect working shows that this could be browser / firmware related.

I can't see port forwarding affecting this.

David
Hi David

I just composed a loooooong message with millions of screenshots, and then I decided to double-click on the camera when in the NVR web interface. I got an error relating to the encryption key. I googled and found this solution here.
I reset the encryption key and it now displays the feed!

Unfortunately the ivms-4200 software still doesn't connect to the camera. I could change the encryption key if I could add the cameras successfully, but I can't. I would prefer to use it - then I don't have to run the VM every time I want to access the live feed or download footage.

But at least two hurdles have been overcome!
Thanks for your patience!

Unfortunately the ivms-4200 software still doesn't connect to the camera.
Can you add the NVR to ivms-4200?

You may be able to add the camera to ivms-4200 by using the NVR virtual host IP address and port number, was it 65001?

Are both cameras connected to the NVR?

David

Can you add the NVR to ivms-4200?

You may be able to add the camera to ivms-4200 by using the NVR virtual host IP address and port number, was it 65001?

Are both cameras connected to the NVR?

David
The NVR is connected no problem.
I've tried adding the cameras using the virtual host IP and port - no luck.
I'm just working with one camera at a time, so my test one is connected.

Yes...
I have had a breakthrough!
I went to "Group" under "Device Management" in ivms-4200.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 16.49.40.png

I chose "Import" and the camera view showed up, I clicked on the image that showed on the left (my one camera).
I imported it.
Then went back to main view and nothing showed. Double clicked and it it gave a slightly different error message - not able to connect.
Then I went into the "Modify Camera" settings and inserted the encryption key in "Stream key".

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 16.51.29.png

At first nothing happened, but after jumping up and down and saying a few prayers, the live stream appeared!

I'm so relieved.
Thanks again for your patience David. It's been comforting to have you to bounce things off in this rather convoluted and frustrating journey.

How do I change the subject of the post to add [SOLVED]?

We got there eventually, You need to set your router up to assign the same IP address to the NVR, if you're not sure how this is done send me the model name and version of your router.

How do I change the subject of the post to add [SOLVED]?
Not sure how to do that @Dan @Kyle, is there an edit option to change the subject?

We got there eventually, You need to set your router up to assign the same IP address to the NVR, if you're not sure how this is done send me the model name and version of your router.
Hi David

I'm glad you pointed this out - I had noticed that the NVR was being assigned a different IP and realised that would be an issue.
I presume that the cameras' virtual addresses will follow automatically, as they're the same IP but different ports?

My router is a TP-Link TD-W9960
I've gone and lost my password, so will have to reset it to get in.

I presume that the cameras' virtual addresses will follow automatically, as they're the same IP but different ports?
I'm not sure but would think so, none of my cameras are directly connected to the NVR.

After resetting the router the NVR may get another IP address. I'll lookup your router and see what needs to be done, should be straight forward.

David

@RexTheRunt

V1 and V1.2 router versions seem the same for MAC binding....

Chapter 10.4 IP MAC binding.
Thanks for this link.
I've bound the NVR's IP - you were right, it did change after resetting the router. I had to re-do the cameras - for some reason this time they were already added in the group under the NVR along with alarms etc. Pity that wasn't the case when I embarked on this, or I would have at least seen the streams and realised that they were encrypted for the main view!

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 16.55.10.png

Anyhow, not a day goes by without some reckoning with tech.

Thanks again David. I'm deeply grateful to you.

@RexTheRunt

V1 and V1.2 router versions seem the same for MAC binding....

Chapter 10.4 IP MAC binding.
Hi @David

Not sure if you're able to assist. Since binding the IP of the NVR, each time I've restarted it gives me a different IP. I've no idea why it's not sticking. Bound to .104, now it's .106. Any ideas what to troubleshoot?
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 13.58.28.png

Hi @David

Not sure if you're able to assist. Since binding the IP of the NVR, each time I've restarted it gives me a different IP. I've no idea why it's not sticking. Bound to .104, now it's .106. Any ideas what to troubleshoot?
I just disabled DHCP on the NVR and entered the address manually. I think that was the issue.
Hopefully sorted!

Hi @David

View attachment 9920
Check the MAC address of the NVR WAN (ethernet) port is correct.

On the binding list is line id 1 enabled?

Are you just restarting the NVR or router and NVR?

Does the router firmware need updating?

I just disabled DHCP on the NVR and entered the address manually. I think that was the issue.
Hopefully sorted!
just seen this. That will work but it is not right. If you change your router and get another LAN subnet you'll have to use the SADP tool to enable DHCP on the NVR to get an IP address from the router.

My NVR and cameras all have DHCP enabled but get a fixed IP address from the router DHCP server using MAC binding.

David

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 13.13.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 13.13.58.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 69
Check the MAC address of the NVR WAN (ethernet) port is correct.

On the binding list is line id 1 enabled?

Are you just restarting the NVR or router and NVR?

Does the router firmware need updating?

just seen this. That will work but it is not right. If you change your router and get another LAN subnet you'll have to use the SADP tool to enable DHCP on the NVR to get an IP address from the router.

My NVR and cameras all have DHCP enabled but get a fixed IP address from the router DHCP server using MAC binding.

David
Thanks for responding David.
I'm not sure what to do,because even though I've bound it, it keeps changing.
Just to be sure, is the "enable" icon supposed to be like this
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 14.58.57.png

or this
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 14.58.41.png

Sometimes toggles are confusing and there's no hint.

Thanks for responding David.
I'm not sure what to do,because even though I've bound it, it keeps changing.
Just to be sure, is the "enable" icon supposed to be like this
View attachment 9923

or this
View attachment 9922

Sometimes toggles are confusing and there's no hint.
I would say the icon without the red ring is enabled. The ARP table list shows both IP addresses (104 and 106) linking to the NVR MAC address, did you reboot the router after creating the NVR MAC binding to 192.168.1.104?

Make sure your router firmware is up to date.

David

Yes,
I would say the icon without the red ring is enabled. The ARP table list shows both IP addresses (104 and 106) linking to the NVR MAC address, did you reboot the router after creating the NVR MAC binding to 192.168.1.104?

Make sure your router firmware is up to date.

David
Yes, rebooted router and NVR. I enabled DHCP again. It's now decided on .101 but shown as bound to .104

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 17.35.49.png

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 17.36.07.png

I've been struggling here on another thread to upgrade - managed the cameras but not the NVR. Waiting to find a resolution.

Yes, rebooted router and NVR. I enabled DHCP again. It's now decided on .101 but shown as bound to .104
ARP List ID 6 has a different MAC address against IP 192.168.1.101, can you post the NVR WAN interface MAC address?

I'll look at your router manual again to see if I've missed something.

Is your NVR from the USA?

David

Back