01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I need help with cameras offline + audio issue

Thanks David. I don't think this model has a WAN interface, unless I"m totally clueless. I don't know where to find the WAN address if there is one...
I believe the NVR is from the EU, I'm in South Africa. The manual includes EU compliance stuff.

Thanks David. I don't think this model has a WAN interface, unless I"m totally clueless. I don't know where to find the WAN address if there is one...
I believe the NVR is from the EU, I'm in South Africa. The manual includes EU compliance stuff.
I should’ve said LAN, it connects to your router.

I’ve worked in Chad and Cameroun.

David

I've successfully upgraded the NVR firmware thanks to a file sent to me by Hikvision. It only wanted to upgrade using ivms-4200 for some odd reason.

The NVR has been using .101 as the IP, even though it was bound to .104. So I decided to bind it to .101. Rebooted both router and NVR and it hopped back onto .104!

So if firmware is not to blame, could it be my router? I've looked up issues to do with TP-Link Mac binding, and their help is not very helpful.
I'm exasperated. You probably are with me...

I've successfully upgraded the NVR firmware thanks to a file sent to me by Hikvision. It only wanted to upgrade using ivms-4200 for some odd reason.

The NVR has been using .101 as the IP, even though it was bound to .104. So I decided to bind it to .101. Rebooted both router and NVR and it hopped back onto .104!

So if firmware is not to blame, could it be my router? I've looked up issues to do with TP-Link Mac binding, and their help is not very helpful.
I'm exasperated. You probably are with me...
did you miss my earlier reply....

you need reserve lan ip address…..

did you miss my earlier reply....
Sorry David, I did. But I'm afraid I don't understand. Am I to change the router's IP address? I'm hesitant to do something I don't get. Nothing else has tried to take 192.168.1.1, so why would I change it?

Sorry David, I did. But I'm afraid I don't understand. Am I to change the router's IP address? I'm hesitant to do something I don't get. Nothing else has tried to take 192.168.1.1, so why would I change it?
Let me check.

Does the attached help? From the link go to para 1.3 Reserve LAN IP address.

check NVR enable DHCP

Delete the MAC bindings that you created.

create the reserved IP address. When done send me a screen shot.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm used to routers that use DHCP MAC binding from the ARP. I think your router is an older one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 15.37.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 15.37.45.png
    453.3 KB · Views: 75
Does the attached help? From the link go to para 1.3 Reserve LAN IP address.

check NVR enable DHCP

Delete the MAC bindings that you created.

create the reserved IP address. When done send me a screen shot.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm used to routers that use DHCP MAC binding from the ARP. I think your router is an older one.
That sounds like a good plan...I will try to do it tomorrow. Thanks for your perseverance David. I'll be back!

Happy days, David!
I've upgraded the firmware on the router for good measure, but I think the IP reservation was the missing trick.
NVR is happy now with.104 and should remain content for the foreseeable future!
Thanks for sticking with me and helping me to find a resolution.
I'm most appreciative.

Back