01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Continuous recording is not working on my HiLook DVR-116Q-K1?

ksio89

I have a HiLook DVR-116Q-K1 and recently enabled 24/7 continuous recording on Schedule Settings. However instead of a continuous solid blue stripe on time line, the cameras are still only recording based on motion detection events. Literally, the only thing that changed was the colour of vertical lines from red to blue.

I enabled continuous recording because the event-based one was completely unreliable. It commonly skips crucial moments, stops recording even though there's still clear visible motion and sometimes the cameras records a perfectly still scene. Essentially, the cameras record when they want so and are near useless.

What am I missing here? Is there any other option to ensure recording will be actually continuous? I enabled this feature on both web interface and iVMS-4200 in order to be sure the change would be applied, but still nothing. HDD is healthy and I can access the video files just fine, it seems the DVR algorithm/software that is completely useless.

Point-Blur-Mar032023-141943.jpg

Hi @ksio89

Can you please share screenshots of your recording/storage settings for the DVR-116Q-K1?

Hi @ksio89

Can you please share screenshots of your recording/storage settings for the DVR-116Q-K1?
Sure Dan, but what settings specifically shall I share? I don't know if there's another relevant setting besides Record Schedule, but here's an additional screenshot which shows the HDD status:

Screenshot_20230307_172031_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230304_084034_Kiwi Browser.jpg

By the way, l didn't know the forum is still deleting embedded images after the thread is created. Is it deleting only images hosted externally, or uploaded images as well?

Thanks @ksio89

Have you selected each camera from the dropdown at the top of the record schedule and set each camera to continuous?

If you go to Storage > Advanced Settings > Other do you have 'Enable Overwriting' ticked?

In regards to the embedded image, we do not automatically or manually remove images (unless they break forum rules) and so we think it must just have been a glitch when posting the thread (the above images have been posted without any issue).

Yes, all cameras schedules are set as depicted in the screenshot, and overwriting is also enabled. I don't see any other setting which could make continuous recording work, I'm so disappointed by this HiLook DVR.

About the images, the last ones were uploaded directly to the forum instead of hosted externally. When I post an external image, it will be visible for a while, but then the thumbnail will be deleted for some reason.

yeah very strange, from doing some searching online this HiLook DVR model does not appear on the UK or Global Hikvision and only seems available from specific regional suppliers, this might suggest that this model is a customised model using custom firmware and there might be a glitch with that firmware/software.

If possible, maybe try contacting your original supplier to see if they can source any newer firmware for this model.

yeah very strange, from doing some searching online this HiLook DVR model does not appear on the UK or Global Hikvision and only seems available from specific regional suppliers, this might suggest that this model is a customised model using custom firmware and there might be a glitch with that firmware/software.

If possible, maybe try contacting your original supplier to see if they can source any newer firmware for this model.
I guess this HiLook low-end line of DVRs is only sold in developing countries like mine. The hardware is pretty good, but it's undermined by the buggy software/firmware, and sadly there are no updates available. Maybe I'll resell it and buy a higher end model, I don't know, I'll avoid HiLook products from now on.

Thank you anyway Dan, I appreciate your help.

Back