01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Could use help: Can't access NVR after after monitor dimension change?

Take note of which Display Port you are connected to [VGA or HDMI]
Access the NVR GUI via Web Browser & in the Configuration tab, navigate to System > System Settings > Menu Output
this is where you can change the Resolution Output to suit your Monitor for either VGA or HDMI
The Menu Output dropdown options, if you choose HDMI then your mouse/menus will only be available on the Screen connected to HDMI [Same for VGA etc] best option choose AUTO

Now to rectify the Display Issue where you can Not See all the Menu Items ................................... is done by your Monitor/TV settings [NOT the NVR], usually toggling through the Monitor/TV Picture or Aspect Ratio settings will identify the one you need, something like Scan or Full is usually the correct setting

Hope this helps

Gary

Thanks for the info. I think why this would not show for us on the 4k tv is because it was selected to VGA although for the whole time we've owned the system it had been connected by HDMI.

I did change it back to Auto.

For some reason, our TV monitor that we have had attached to the NVR will not let us change the aspect ratio. Doesn't even show any options when it is connected to the NVR. If we connect it to another source, we get 4 or 5 options. As soon as we connect it to the NVR, the only option is "Full." We had been playing around with this and the resolutions when all this started. Now that I have access through the Web, I'll try to change it that way to see if it will do anything.

I know the contractor that installed it quickly found a way to show all of the menu items. Got back in touch with the company and the particular vendor is gone and they were of no help. I'll play around more with it.

Thanks so much for the response.

Morning,
Did you connect the cameras to the correct port on the back of the NVR? I think each port on the back is assigned its own IP address.

For my NVR
Port 1 - 192.168.254.1
Port 2 - 192.168.254.2
Port 3 - 192.168.254.3
etc.

Hi David,

At this stage, it seems the only outstanding issue is related to Camera 8 (that I never had) and room names. Each time I load the ios apps or the Mac apps, i it is looking for Camera 8 and noting a loading error. Is there a way to remove this that I haven't found?

Making sure I understand, in SADP I find only the NVR, not any cameras connected to it.

I found the camera IP addresses in the web-based access. The numbers appended to the end appear in different orders, for example, Port 1 ends with .12.

I have 7 cameras but I see IP addresses assigned to 8 units here. I can't delete or modify anything here (all grayed out).

Thanks.

Take note of which Display Port you are connected to [VGA or HDMI]
Access the NVR GUI via Web Browser & in the Configuration tab, navigate to System > System Settings > Menu Output
this is where you can change the Resolution Output to suit your Monitor for either VGA or HDMI
The Menu Output dropdown options, if you choose HDMI then your mouse/menus will only be available on the Screen connected to HDMI [Same for VGA etc] best option choose AUTO

Now to rectify the Display Issue where you can Not See all the Menu Items ................................... is done by your Monitor/TV settings [NOT the NVR], usually toggling through the Monitor/TV Picture or Aspect Ratio settings will identify the one you need, something like Scan or Full is usually the correct setting

Hope this helps

Gary

Thanks again for the note. Updating this in case anyone else reads it and needs help.

For some reason on my TV connected by HDMI to the NVR, it would not let me change the picture aspect ratio. I changed input to other things and had a bunch of options. As soon as I went back to the NVR, the TV would permit only a single size.

I played around with changing the dimensions in the NVR software. I found in my case I had to go with: 1280*1024/60HZ and it changed the picture dimensions sufficient for me to see the cameras the full menus. Anything else was too large or would not show at all. Accessing this through the web config page made the difference. Thank you again for this info.

Now that your monitor is working did you delete camera 8?
It will not let me. When I look at the cameras, it shows the IP address for that slot but says: D8 Camera does not exist. I can highlight and select delete. When I do, it reads: "No IP Camera for deletion."

In another list in the DVR, it shows Camera 8 is disconnected.

In the Mac ivms, it shows "Connecting to the device. Error code ivms-4200.app{302} (Camera is disabled or not connected.)

I don't know if the ios apps just needed time to catch up. It seems like they are now showing all 7 cameras and the 8th just reads it is offline. It does try to load it for a bit before giving that message. I guess that's fine. I honestly can't recall if it said that before all the meltdown anyway on that part.

Not sure if I just should leave it alone but it would be nice to delete camera 8 if that is an option.

On the ios apps, I have both my local IP address (under devices) and I have access through the HIK site/portal. The local IP address version looks correct with 7 cameras. Only the HIK version shows all 8.

Apologies if I'm using the incorrect vocabulary on any part of it. Thank you.

It will not let me. When I look at the cameras, it shows the IP address for that slot but says: D8 Camera does not exist. I can highlight and select delete. When I do, it reads: "No IP Camera for deletion."
How about temporarily moving one of your other cameras to port 8 and then delete it? Then move the camera back to its proper port.

David

Back