01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Creating extra admin accounts?

geosharp

Hey there,
So we've recently had a Hikvision system installed, NVR is a DS-9632NI-M8. Installer hasn't given me the admin password, just set me up another account, which doesn't have the ability to create new users. Before I ring them and possibly have an argument, want to see if anyone here can help confirm something/prove i'm not being an idiot.
Is it possible to create extra admin accounts on this NVR - or at least accounts that have full user management capability?

Looked at the user manual, that only talks about choosing between Operator and Guest when adding a new user. I've also found an old thread (NVR Adding extra Admin accounts) that suggests you can't, but being 3 years old I wondered if newer firmware had added this ability.

Cheers :)

Hi @geosharp

for security purposes, Hikvision products only support one master admin account.

You will need to speak to your installer to get those admin login details.

Hi @geosharp

for security purposes, Hikvision products only support one master admin account.

You will need to speak to your installer to get those admin login details.
Hey there,
That's what I thought, but nice to have it confirmed. Time for me to give 'em a ring and see how it goes :)
Cheers :)

Reactions: Dan
Back