01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Device offline!!!!

Popps

Hi.

I've got hikvision camera and all of a sudden tonight it said device offline on my mobile!!!
It seems to be working through my Tele still
But I can't see the cameras at all on my mobile!!
And these cameras are really important.
I don't know what to do!!

I'm a bit worried now.
If I restart this will I have to log in?
The person set it all up for me. I don't think I put any log in things in here?

Upvote 0
I can't be sure.
We normally work with NVRs, for IP cameras.
I understand that you don't want to risk losing what little you still have.

The only other safe thing to try is a different cable between the DVR and the router.
If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably best to get that person back ...

Upvote 0
God I wish I didn't need the cameras.

Last time when I had another problem with it (unrelated and easy to fix when you know what you're doing!) He didn't want to come out stopped responding. So I just rang another company and got them to come out.

Thank you for helping me

Upvote 0
1. on your DVR go to the Mainteanance tab (spanner icon) then check the "Network" menu to see if there is IP address assigned anyway.
My NVR assign a random IP when the cable is not plugged in to the router with DHCP - so it is unlikely a problem with the network cable (but I am not sure if that would apply to DVR as well.)

2. How are the cameras configured in your mobile - I guess you are using Hik-Connect app. Is it via IP address (e.g you would only be able to access cams while at home) or via Hik-conect Domain. (screenshot from your mobile app would help) in which case you could access it from anywhere.

3. as Phil said. restart of DVR and even your router would be the first thing to try. I would doubt you would be asked for password to DVR if you didn't need to enter already and that your installer didn't provide you with one.

Upvote 0
But yes I can normally access the cameras from anywhere I am on my phone when it's working

Upvote 0
I would say that network cable is broken. Change it. If it can't get address from DHCP it doesn't have connection to router.

Upvote 0
Yes, same thing, try replacing the cable with the yellow plugs, between your router and your DVR.

Upvote 0
Back