01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Distance for motion sensing DS2CD1123G?

tomi

Hi,

I installed a set of 6 budget Hikvision cameras + NVR HK DS 7608NI-Q2 in my house, and mostly everything is fine. Yesterday I upgraded two cameras to Acusense capable cameras and I have to admit it is a big step forward. I wanted to use one of the previous cameras to monitor an empty terrain next to my house as it can be used to enter my roof.

Two issues, first I can not turn my camera image 90 degree, I checked the different posts but no option is available, just mirror, which does not help. Anyways if motion detection would work, it is no major topic for me.

But motion detection is not working. The camera is quite high (see picture - something linke 7-8 meter off the ground, you can see my footprints to estimate the size) but still earlier even small leaves made the motion detection alarm. Is it possible that due to the detection mounting the motion detection is not working? I have no human detecion or similar activated. Any movement detection would be fine for me.

Many thanks, Tom

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 126
Hi @tomi

In regards to the rotate mode, I assume you have already looked at this forum guide we created.

You need to set the VCA resource in the camera settings to 'Monitoring' and you should then be able to select Rotate in the image settings, if the camera doesn't show either of these settings then this probably means as a cheaper model it does not support the rotate feature but you should aware by switch it to 'Monitoring' you will disable events so you wouldn't be able to rotate and use motion detection.

In regards to motion detection, did you change any settings between when detection was working and when it stopped? Can you share screenshots of your Motion Detection settings?

Hi, I checked the guide and no option gets avaliable, I believe it is because of the budget camera.

Will probably try with another camera and see if that helps. Will report back. Motion settings are same as before. My NVR doesnt have the "VCA resource" menu and honestly without detecion it would not be helpful.

Back