01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Do i get a newer NVR or not.

Mart68

There are 2 NVR's that i'm thinking of getting to replace my Hiwatch NVR-216M-A/8P (it's about 3 years old).
One is the HiLook NVR-216MH-C/16P and the other is the Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P
The Hikvision NVR is about £100 more than the HiLook NVR.
The only things i can see improving over what i already have are going from a max of 6mp to 8mp cameras and having H.265+ where my NVR is H.264+.
I won't be changing any of my camera's for some time as i have spares of each if any ever go down.
So at this moment in time is it worth me changing my NVR at all ????

Hi @Mart68

There won't be much gained when using HiWatch/HiLook cameras with a Hikvision NVR, You would be better off waiting and getting the new NVR when you replace the cameras.

Thank you for the reply Dan.

I understand what you are saying about my HiLook (D140H) cameras, But what about my Hikvision 2055 cameras as i have 5 of them ??

Also after lots and lots of reading forum pages, Would getting the 7616NI-I2-16P be my best long term option, and just change my IP Cameras as and when i need to.

Spec-wise the 2055 is not massively more advanced than the HiLook cameras so there still wouldn't be much advantage using the 2055 on the new Hikvision NVR.

Yes, we would recommend the I-series 7616 NVR as this will offer the best support for the AcuSense & ColorVu features of the newest cameras, although if you are planning to maintain some of the old camera models it might be worth going for the DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S AcuSense NVR as this allows you to add the AcuSense features (false alarm filtering, human/vehicle filtering, etc...) to a small number of non-AcuSense cameras. (only 4 cameras I think)

Morning all.

Can someone tell me if i will have any problems connecting my cameras to a 16ch NVR with 16 POE ports.
Can i still connect some via LAN, as i have some using the same cable on long runs.
My HiWatch NVR that i'm using now is a 16ch but with only 8 POE ports.
Don't want to spend on a new NVR and find it does now work for me on my setup.

Yes, that should be no problem. The 16 PoE ports simply give you the option to connect all 16 cameras directly to the NVR but you can also connect all 16 remotely over the local network or a mix of both.

Back