01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest firmware for my DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR?

bighalf

My DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR (global region) is running firmware V4.61.025 build 220905 which I installed from the Hikvision EU firmware portal (I’m in Australia).

The Hik-Connect app has a little red ‘update’ icon for the NVR, however running it in app always fails.

I notice on the Hikvision website there is a much newer build date firmware for the unit, but it’s a lower version number (V4.60.005 build 231219).

I’m confused as to whether I should install this newer build despite being a lower version number? Would it be a step backwards (ie was there simply a huge delay releasing the same firmware outside of the EU). Would it wipe my entire NVR settings - I’ve managed to tediously dial in the motion alerts to be very reliable to an actual event I want to know about), and would the NVR block a parameter restore because the version number being restored to is lower than the restored version? Should I just leave it?

Last edited by a moderator:
My DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR (global region) is running firmware V4.61.025 build 220905 which I installed from the Hikvision EU firmware portal (I’m in Australia).

The Hik-Connect app has a little red ‘update’ icon for the NVR, however running it in app always fails.

I notice on the Hikvision website there is a much newer build date firmware for the unit, but it’s a lower version number (V4.60.005 build 231219).

I’m confused as to whether I should install this newer build despite being a lower version number? Would it be a step backwards (ie was there simply a huge delay releasing the same firmware outside of the EU). Would it wipe my entire NVR settings - I’ve managed to tediously dial in the motion alerts to be very reliable to an actual event I want to know about), and would the NVR block a parameter restore because the version number being restored to is lower than the restored version? Should I just leave it?
I have the same NVR and firmware release of 4.61.025. Leave it as it is, you have the latest firmware that I can tell.

David

I have the same NVR and firmware release of 4.61.025. Leave it as it is, you have the latest firmware that I can tell.

David
Thanks David, I’ll leave it alone and ignore the Hik-Connect app wanting to update it.

I loaded the V4.61.030 Build 240123 firmware on my DS-7616NI-I2/16P...

Screenshot 2024-03-01 220418.png

it loads and boots up... I only have 1 test camera connected and have not checked anything...

If it helps anybody considering upgrading...

I then went back to V4.61.025 Build 220905... wanted to see if you could... you can, but the system needs to be set up from scratch again... I always make sure to unbind the NVR from my Hik-connect account, and turn off Hik-connect on the NVR before I downgrade any NVR firmware... I think it helps to avoid getting the NVR "blacklisted"... happened to me in the past but a couple of back-and-forth emails with support@hikvision.com gets it cleared... they seem pretty good with that.

Back