01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Door Station unit DS-KD8003 password reset issue?

psam99

Hey, I purchased a DS-KIS702Y package, but I'm encountering some issues with the Door Station unit (DS-KD8003).

A colleague assisted with the offline installation, allowing me to open the gate from the indoor unit, hear the bell, and so on.

Unfortunately, he used his email, and I couldn't recover the password to configure HIK-CONNECT. Consequently, I had to reset the system and send the XML file to Hikvision to reset the password, which I did.

The major issue now is that after this reset, nothing happens when the ring button is pressed on the Outdoor Unit. I only hear a voice message saying something like "The call has failed" in my native language. As a result, I'm not receiving any notifications when someone is at my doorbell which is the most basic functionality you expect.

What's particularly puzzling to me is that I managed to configure HIK-CONNECT on my phone and I can see live feeds through my phone. I'm also able to open the gate, which is the same for the indoor monitor (this worked after I put the indoor station in the same ip range as the outdoor unit)

I went to the settings (see attachment) to check the outdoor unit parameters, but I'm asked a password to continue which I don't have. None of the default passwords worked, and Hikvision is not responding now neither by mail or call.

Also tried to check in iVMS to reset, but I can only see the indoor unit (it's with 192.168.10 because I just resetted it again, but it was 192.0.0.59 before to be within the same range of the OutDoor unit.

So my question is, how could I reset the outdoor unit if I can't find the unit in iVMS?

Thank you

Attachments

• KD8003Y-IME2 settings.jpg
    KD8003Y-IME2 settings.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Door Station ask password.jpg
    Door Station ask password.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 18
  • iVMS-4200.jpg
    iVMS-4200.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi @psam99 - unfortunately, you need to know an outdoor station's password to reset it, as they do not have a physical reset button.
So, you will need to use the SADP tool and XML reset method again for the outdoor unit - Hikvision should do this for you eventually, but I would sent the XML file to your supplier, as they should be able to facilitate the reset quickly.
There may also be the option to use secret answers or a backup email address to reset the password in SADP, but it depends what your colleague set up.

Hi @psam99 - unfortunately, you need to know an outdoor station's password to reset it, as they do not have a physical reset button.
So, you will need to use the SADP tool and XML reset method again for the outdoor unit - Hikvision should do this for you eventually, but I would sent the XML file to your supplier, as they should be able to facilitate the reset quickly.
There may also be the option to use secret answers or a backup email address to reset the password in SADP, but it depends what your colleague set up.
Thank you Kyle!
In order to reset the password in SADP and extract the XML file, the Door station should appear on the list right? Because I can only see the ds-kh6320y. Is there something needed so the Door unit appears here?

Attachments

• SADP.jpg
    SADP.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 13
Yes, I believe so (I don't have much hands-on experience with the two-wire kit).
But, as far as I know, once both devices are connected to the distributor unit, they should both show in SADP and iVMS-4200.
Do you definitely have the door station connected to the distributor as shown in this video?

Yes, I believe so (I don't have much hands-on experience with the two-wire kit).
But, as far as I know, once both devices are connected to the distributor unit, they should both show in SADP and iVMS-4200.
Do you definitely have the door station connected to the distributor as shown in this video?

Yes, I think yes because the unit's were placed and not touched again. So, only after the admin password reset I lost the access, but no physical change or to the hardware happened :/

Sorry, I don't know enough to suggest anything else :(
Hopefully somebody with more two-wire experience can jump in.
But, if the door station isn't showing in SADP, it suggests a power supply or wiring issue, so I would definitely check the above video matches your setup.

Back