01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Doorbell notification on multiple android devices?

gurpal2000

I've dropped a mail to Hik uk support and they're being slow, so i'll try my luck here...

equipment
indoor station + door station
DS-KH6320-WTE1 + DS-KV6113-WPE1(B)

2 users with Hik-connect accounts, say:
user1@myhome.com
user2@myhome.com

user1 is the "admin". This user has setup everything initially at home; doorbell+screens all working fine both on the lan and when roaming outside the home.
user1 gets notifications on Android perfectly as expected and is able to view video and do the 2-way audio.

Next, user2 wants the SAME functionality (minus Admin things). After all, with only one user the whole system is quite useless.

user1 then uses the "Sharing" functionality that is offered in hik-connect to entitle user2. To be specific, the Main Door Station (WTE1) is selected with "Live View/Remote Playback/Two-way Audio".

Press the doorbell, only user1 is getting android notifications. The hik-connect online accounts confirm sharing is setup and that the equipment is "live".

Yes, i've tried two android devices with the admin account, just in case - (1) I wouldn't expect that to work or (2) be desirable anyway
I've also tried sharing just the door bell, but i think that won't work nicely anyway

Any ideas? A transient service issue? An android bug? ...?

thanks

Last edited:
It'll work with both users sharing the admin account but should also work fine with the indoor station shared. If you're using an indoor station, the outdoor station should be deleted from Hik-Connect as both devices are trying to put the call through simultaneously.

I had a customer report the opposite issue to you. The admin and the shared user were together when someone pressed the doorbell. The shared user got the notification, while the owner/admin did not. I'd just put that down to something not going through the mobile data network.

It'll work with both users sharing the admin account but should also work fine with the indoor station shared. If you're using an indoor station, the outdoor station should be deleted from Hik-Connect as both devices are trying to put the call through simultaneously.

I had a customer report the opposite issue to you. The admin and the shared user were together when someone pressed the doorbell. The shared user got the notification, while the owner/admin did not. I'd just put that down to something not going through the mobile data network.

The doorbell (outdoor thing) isn't on any of the devices (it's as you say).

User1 device is a phone on WIFI on the lan.
User2 device is an android tablet also on the lan.

There is no mobile signal as such involved, only a connection to hik cloud over broadband.
Android notifications are setup 100% the same between the devices too.
What i just remembered is that a few days ago, User2 did get images on the app / saying when someone visited, just not the ringing notification with answer/hang up icons. The app if in the background (or closed) doesn't 'activate / auto-launch' either.

I'll try with some other device / another day and report back.

Last edited:
The doorbell (outdoor thing) isn't on any of the devices (it's as you say).

User1 device is a phone on WIFI on the lan.
User2 device is an android tablet also on the lan.

There is no mobile signal as such involved, only a connection to hik cloud over broadband.
Android notifications are setup 100% the same between the devices too.
What i just remembered is that a few days ago, User2 did get images on the app / saying when someone visited, just not the ringing notification with answer/hang up icons. The app if in the background (or closed) doesn't 'activate / auto-launch' either.

I'll try with some other device / another day and report back.
I don't have any pure Android devices, but I do have unresolved issues with notifications/calls on Amazon Fire tablets. I have four of them wall mounted and use them to display the video from cameras and that works great. However when they're logged into my Hik-Connect account I've had mixed results with both event push notifications and calls. They seem to work for a time, then stop.

When you first install Hik-Connect on an Android device, you get a pop up with two steps to follow that relate to the app running in the background. Did you follow those steps? Once you've dismissed the pop up with 'don't show again' it's not possible to get to it again from any menu setting. You can however just delete and reinstall Hik-Connect and the optimisation pop up will appear. I'd maybe start there.

I don't have any pure Android devices, but I do have unresolved issues with notifications/calls on Amazon Fire tablets. I have four of them wall mounted and use them to display the video from cameras and that works great. However when they're logged into my Hik-Connect account I've had mixed results with both event push notifications and calls. They seem to work for a time, then stop.

When you first install Hik-Connect on an Android device, you get a pop up with two steps to follow that relate to the app running in the background. Did you follow those steps? Once you've dismissed the pop up with 'don't show again' it's not possible to get to it again from any menu setting. You can however just delete and reinstall Hik-Connect and the optimisation pop up will appear. I'd maybe start there.

Hmm disappointed to hear that. May need to switch to the new reolink bell then.

I'm doing the same as you. I have 4 tablets to put up around the house and just getting one to work with hik is a challenge. Yes those battery optimisation things i'm well aware of and are sorted out already.

(PS. I didn't go for Fire tablets in the end but the battery-less Lenovo ones powered by PoE - pre-planning during renovation goes a long way :) )

(PS. I didn't go for Fire tablets in the end but the battery-less Lenovo ones powered by PoE - pre-planning during renovation goes a long way :) )
I've been looking to swap out my Fire tablets for Lenovo. The Fire OS is running an old version of Android and the Lenovo ones look to be decent quality. Which model is that can be set up PoE? - I like that idea (at the moment I have a Qi charging pad concealed behind the tablet but the batteries are permanently on charge which isn't great)

I've been looking to swap out my Fire tablets for Lenovo. The Fire OS is running an old version of Android and the Lenovo ones look to be decent quality. Which model is that can be set up PoE? - I like that idea (at the moment I have a Qi charging pad concealed behind the tablet but the batteries are permanently on charge which isn't great)
PoE plus USB-C adapter - and the right one to provide enough power. The device is very strict on what you give it or it won't boot properly.
I'm lucky that I can put the adapters in deep backboxes or hang them in the partitions quite safely. Nothing hung up yet so no pics. It won't fit in a UK single deep backbox no matter what. So think creatively :)

This one: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/datasheet/Lenovo Tab K10_Batteryless_datasheet_EN.pdf (a chap was selling loads on ebay not so long ago at a bonkers price - no more though).
The smallest adapter I could find (short of a PCB): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09Y8DRVGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PoE plus USB-C adapter - and the right one to provide enough power. The device is very strict on what you give it or it won't boot properly.
I'm lucky that I can put the adapters in deep backboxes or hang them in the partitions quite safely. Nothing hung up yet so no pics. It won't fit in a UK single deep backbox no matter what. So think creatively :)

This one: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/datasheet/Lenovo Tab K10_Batteryless_datasheet_EN.pdf (a chap was selling loads on ebay not so long ago at a bonkers price - no more though).
The smallest adapter I could find (short of a PCB): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09Y8DRVGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Great - thanks for the info

Back