01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Doorbell & NVR

benm

Hi!

I would like a Hikvision doorbell for my house to integrate with my existing NVR.
I’d like for it to
- record all the time to my nvr
-alert my Hikvision app and my wife’s (same login) and make an audible noise in the house like a traditional bell
- Not look too industrial

I was looking at the kis603-p. Is it my only or best option?

Also can I please ask
1. If I use the monitor station (I think I have to) how loud is the chime?
2. When adding the camera to the Hikvision app can I silence the other cameras but have the doorbell alert? Currently I can only seem to silence the alarms on the whole nvr

Thanks!

I have exactly this setup - KIS603-P and can confirm it works well.

I have the doorbell hardwired directly into a POE switch then it is added to the NVR and set to record continuously.

The doorbell is a separate device in HikConnect, although it can be viewed as a regular channel of the NVR too. Therefore, silencing the NVR does not silence the doorbell.

As for the monitor station - I don't actually use this but I know the volume is adjustable and you can use custom audio files.

I have exactly this setup - KIS603-P and can confirm it works well.

I have the doorbell hardwired directly into a POE switch then it is added to the NVR and set to record continuously.

The doorbell is a separate device in HikConnect, although it can be viewed as a regular channel of the NVR too. Therefore, silencing the NVR does not silence the doorbell.

As for the monitor station - I don't actually use this but I know the volume is adjustable and you can use custom audio files.
Thanks so much for your reply
I thought you had to use the station to set it up and use it, etc?
Do you rely on your phone to be alerted to the doorbell? I need something audible to be heard throughout the house?

If it is set to record all the time then why need a door bell at all?

Just one of your cameras mounted by the door that records continuosly with alerts switched on (motion, line crossing ,etc) and it will ping to your HikConnect App.

I don’t have a camera at that location. Plus I have other people in the house who don’t have the app and need a more ‘traditional’ non tech setup

Thanks so much for your reply
I thought you had to use the station to set it up and use it, etc?
Do you rely on your phone to be alerted to the doorbell? I need something audible to be heard throughout the house?
Yes, phone is relied upon - you receive a phone call when the button is pressed. If you have an apple watch, it also goes through to that.

Works pretty well.

You can actually purchase just the door station on its own. No need for the monitor unit.

Also other devices in the house ring, like iPad.

I don’t have a camera at that location. Plus I have other people in the house who don’t have the app and need a more ‘traditional’ non tech setup
Fair point, except not so applicable to big families in which people enter and exit frequently and you don't want false doorbell alarms.

Hi
Hmm ok. Maybe the monitor unit also would ring?
Do you know if I could get it to ring on my phone and my wife’s phone at the same time?

I’m guessing you can’t wire it in to an existing wired doorbell either?

I would only want alarms to go off when the button was pressed. Not something that would happen when people living there enter and exit as they would have a key.

I think I might not have been clear when explaining, I was responding to @Sonic007 when explaining the false alarms as a result of using a camera as a doorbell, with line cross detection for example.

No false alarms with the doorbell option, you only get a notification/call when someone presses the button.

Yes, it will ring all devices logged into the HikConnect account.

As for wiring into existing doorbell chimes - I know there were some older hikvision doorbells that supported this. Not sure if this model does.

Yes. The monitor rings.

Back