01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G1-LU Offline after Firmware upgrade?

lescampbell66

Hi, first time posting here, so apologies if I don't set out the issue correctly.

I have a DS-2CD2347G1-LU camera which I did an upgrade yesterday to the latest firmware I could find V5.6.820 build 220519

I rebooted the camera this morning after making some adjustments to improve picture quality and now the camera not accessible via the Web Browser or IP address, it is showing up on the network as connected, but get a login screen that is as attached image.

In the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P NVR Camera management page the camera shows an error Network Abnormal

Tried powering down the camera and leaving for 10mins but no difference.

I have the SADP software but the camera is not showing up, also cant seem to do anything with SADP as all seems to be greyed out.

Attachments

• login screen.JPG
    login screen.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 54
Hi @lescampbell66

Do you know what firmware version the camera was running before you updated the firmware?

Hi Dan sorry No, I updated last year but cant remember what version, I got into the SADP tool now.

Okay,

I just wanted to check because glitches/errors like this can occur if you jump too many firmware versions in one go.

I think the only remaining thing you can try to get it back to behaving correctly would be to hard reset the camera and that should hopefully default these software/firmware glitches.

Ok, I will give it a go at the weekend
@lescampbell66. Before you fully reset....

You may simply need to clear your browser history. Sometimes the web ui page layouts and elements change so you can get weird behaviour after an upgrade (strange layouts, fonts, malformed pages). Try deleting your temporary internet files, restart the browser, then try to access the camera again.

Back