01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL supplement light stopped working but alarm light does?

THeMiB

I have noticed my night time recordings on one of my three DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL has stopped coming on when dark.
I have checked settings on all three and they are all set to ‘auto’.
One has a streetlight that means the supplement light does not come on, another is on permanently, as should be the one that no longer comes on.
I can activate the ‘light alarm’.
I have turned off and on again the supplement light on the app and no change.
Could it be spiders!?
Front need a clean?
Or a fault?

Thank you for any input.

I have noticed my night time recordings on one of my three DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL has stopped coming on when dark.
I have checked settings on all three and they are all set to ‘auto’.
One has a streetlight that means the supplement light does not come on, another is on permanently, as should be the one that no longer comes on.
I can activate the ‘light alarm’.
I have turned off and on again the supplement light on the app and no change.
Could it be spiders!?
Front need a clean?
Or a fault?

Thank you for any input.
More likely a setting. It could be that there's enough light for the exposure time set - that would prevent it even if it's set to Auto. Try setting a shorter exposure time 1/50s or 1/100s. Also ensure the light is on in the camera itself (rather than through the app) You could prove the functionality of the light just by rebooting the camera, as when the camera powers up the supplement light comes on very briefly regardless of day/night etc. I've never known a failed LED on those cameras yet.

Last edited:
Thank you jb1970.
I will look into how to do your suggestions, (I do not know yet, as this has been trouble free for 2.5 years)!
I will figure it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 18
I have rebooted the pvr.
The problem camera did light up both led on the unit as you suggested. After reboot the light did not come on and the other camera did.
So some information.

Last edited:
Did you experiment on Image - Day Night Switch - Sensitivity? Try 7 instead of default 4

Did you experiment on Image - Day Night Switch - Sensitivity? Try 7 instead of default 4
Hello thank you for the reply.
No the only settings on the app I am aware of are the ‘supplement’ light settings I shared above. Can you elaborate a bit?
I am going to move my white van it may be fooling the camera but it was working before.

Back