01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2-LU - White light at night only?

Munzz

Hi All,

I am still running one of the older Firmwares on my camera which allows the white light to be turned on during intrusion detection. I have set it for 5 seconds and then it switches off, and what a great difference it makes (at night!).

The problem I have is that it still turns on during the day when motion is detected, is it possible to turn it off or create some sort of schedule?

The closest solution I have (I assume would work) would to schedule line crossing during the night with the white light on, and intrusion detection during the day with the white light off.

Any ideas!!?

For anyone in the same position, my fix on this was to schedule intrusion detection during the day (without white light being triggered) AND line crossing detection during the night (with the white light being triggered).

So far, so good.

I think this is the only solution to the specific scenario you describe (using different types of event). However, in the end I decided to let the light come on during the day too as a potential deterrent and to show would be intruders the camera is actually active and working. That said, no visitors to my house have ever commented that they saw the light come on so it's probably not bright enough during the day for many people to notice.

I think this is the only solution to the specific scenario you describe (using different types of event). However, in the end I decided to let the light come on during the day too as a potential deterrent and to show would be intruders the camera is actually active and working. That said, no visitors to my house have ever commented that they saw the light come on so it's probably not bright enough during the day for many people to notice.
This is the solution I just arrived at. I've got enough ambient light all the time that even in the dead of night with no moon I get great colour images but I wanted the visual deterrent of the flood light. But It would be nice if you could use the same event types but as different instances. One for day-time and one for night-time. Or even simpler if you could turn off the light function in the day.

EDIT: My wife has complained the the delivery men might find it intrusive as they get flashed when making a delivery. No actual delivery man has complained and I'm recording continuously anyway *sigh*

I'm going to have to work out another solution but I really want to stick with line crossing. Could just use a normal PIR activated security light with dusk to dawn I suppose. Why on earth did Hikvision not incorporate a dusk to dawn setting that you can use concurrently with light on event.

Last edited:
Back