01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3(C0)(S6) PTZ - issues after upgrading firmware to 5.7.11SP?

maly216

Hello,

I've upgraded firmware in DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3(C0)(S6) camera to 5.7.11SP version. Unfortunately I didn't write down previous version of firmware which worked fine.
After update I noticed many anomalies and bug:
- (bug) when I call any preset camera starts continuous recording on SD card
- (anomaly) smart events (intrusion detection, line crossing detection) don't work well (cars are very often not detected, a lot of false alarms, camera detects motions in areas where nothing is changing)
- (anomaly) only part of push notifications is sent to HikConnect, but I'm not sure whether the camera is a source of problem or maybe HikConnect platform

On the old firmware I didn't notice any of the above issues.
After many attempts I have found simplest scenario to reproduce bug:
1. Restore all default camera settings + power off and power on camera.
2. Go to Live Data, set Preset 1 (icon with gear - "Set").
3. Call Preset 1 (icon with arrow - "Call").
After that camera starts continuous recording of video on SD card. Recording is visible on Playback tab (blue color - continuous). Recording are divided into ~250MB chunks.
Neither reset nor power off and power on doesn't help.
I wrote to support but no response till now.

Can anybody try to reproduce this issue on 5.7.11SP firmware?

I've upgraded firmware in DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3(C0)(S6) camera to 5.7.11SP version. Unfortunately I didn't write down previous version of firmware which worked fine.
After update I noticed many anomalies and bug:
- (bug) when I call any preset camera starts continuous recording on SD card
- (anomaly) smart events (intrusion detection, line crossing detection) don't work well (cars are very often not detected, a lot of false alarms, camera detects motions in areas where nothing is changing)
- (anomaly) only part of push notifications is sent to HikConnect, but I'm not sure whether the camera is a source of problem or maybe HikConnect platform

On the old firmware I didn't notice any of the above issues.
After many attempts I have found simplest scenario to reproduce bug:
1. Restore all default camera settings + power off and power on camera.
2. Go to Live Data, set Preset 1 (icon with gear - "Set").
3. Call Preset 1 (icon with arrow - "Call").
After that camera starts continuous recording of video on SD card. Recording is visible on Playback tab (blue color - continuous). Recording are divided into ~250MB chunks.
Neither reset nor power off and power on doesn't help.
I wrote to support but no response till now.

Can anybody try to reproduce this issue on 5.7.11SP firmware?
I have the same problem with a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE(S6) with firmware V5.7.11 build 220831. I have not received an answer from support either. Therefore I wanted to try for the problem with the continuous recording to set up a workaround by sending a “stop continuous recording“ after each preset change via ISAPI. Now there is unfortunately only for the manual recording a start/stop function, or I have found nothing comparable for the continuous recording. Maybe someone here knows such a function. I am also quite sure that these are bugs in the firmware. Unfortunately, there is currently no newer firmware officially. The latest firmware version 5.7.11 build 220905 seems to have the same problems. However, you should definitely avoid this one, since the auto tracking function was completely disabled here. Is there anyone who has a good contact with Hikvision support and can help further.

@Dan thanks for advice, if I recall correctly, I couldn't downgrade to V5.7.3_220315 firmware via web inteface, it just wasn't possible.

I wrote to global support on May 7, 2023, no ANY response till now (request for help completely ignored). I provided all details including procedure how to reproduce issue.
I also wrote to support in Poland (I live in Poland), they collected some details about issue, logs from camera. Last message I recevied May 31, 2023. I was told that all informations will be passed to head office. Silent untill now (despite I sent few reminders).

Generally my feeling is that HikVision support doesn't exist. For me issue is critical, I spent a lot of time to find the easiest way to reproduce problem and it seems nobody is interested.

For me camera (DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3(C0)(S6)) with firmware 5.7.11SP was useless. I couldn't wait more time to any fix (if any will be released at all) and I decided to downgrade firmware. Usage of serial port + TFTP server was required. I successfully downgraded firmware to V5.7.3 build 211208. This firmware isn't perfect because it detects a lot of false alarms :( Fortunately issue with continues recording does't occur.

Summarizing, I am dissapointed with HikVision's firmware, software and support. They are far from perfect, even not average.

Reactions: Dan
Thanks for the update @maly216

The poor support is something quite a few people report, from our experience Hikvision does not like to offer technical support directly to end users as they prefer to provide their best support to customers who have purchased via authorised sellers and the best way to access that support is to contact your seller/installer with your technical question/problem.

With the firmware 5.7.3_220315 Hikvision has started to prevent a downgrade of the firmware. Until 5.7.3_220115 this was still possible. If I don't offer the end customer the possibility to restore a working firmware, then I should at least react to justified hints about bugs in the current firmware, no matter if it comes from a reseller or end customer. It is actually common practice to fix bugs and improve functions with firmware updates. In this case it is exactly the other way around. Here Hikvision should react quickly in their own interest to not get a negative image.

Back