01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-M2/8P issue again with Edge after upgrading firmware?

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have upgraded the NVR firmware to the latest version 4.63.010_230619
Update of NVR was successful and after the usual delay, Hik-Connect is working fine.

However, once again, I could not access the login page in Edge. It works fine in Chrome.

You may recall I had an issue the last time I updated the firmware. The difference this time however is it would not load in IE compatibility mode either.

Again, I had to 'Restore Edge to default settings', only then could I access the login screen.
I am wondering, is this going to be a normal occurrence when updating via Edge? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Goto settings in edge and type internet explorer

Look for allow pages to load in internet explorer, click it and add the 192.168 local ip address and it will ask you to restart edge… do so

Now go back to settings and type internet explorer, scroll to show internet explorer button

Enable this.

Load your browsers webpage up and click the new internet explorer button top right

In the new box that appears enable the toggle for always load this page in internet explorer and hit ok .

Now it should work every time for you.

If however the page simply isn’t losing check on your recorder >network>basic

That you don’t have dhcp enabled, if so disable that to stop your recorders IP from changing.

If it’s not working in edge only then clear your search history selecting all.

Then delete your temporary files in windows this should resolve it.

The latest version of the firmware has a new version of local service components/plugin. Uninstall the old one and install the new one from the NVR. You can't actually tell it's different until you've downloaded and checked the properties as the version is not in the file name. The previous version was 1.0.0.60 and the newer version is 1.0.0.62.

I have this in reverse. Will work on Edge browser but not Chrome (Except in incognito mode)

Back