01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-SE/P and H265

daneboomerang

I've got a DS-7608NI-SE/P. I've just been given three DS-2CD3T20D-I3 cameras by a shop down the road which has closed down due to Covid. I'm trying to see if I can expand my CCTV network with these but when I connect them to the NVR I get "unsupported stream". Does anyone know if the NVR supports H.265? Thank you The cameras are the eyes.sys "brand". In reality just Chinese market Hikvisions brought to the UK for some reason? The GUI is all in English but it's obvious they're not as Anglified as my DS-2CD2032-I that I got from Use-IP years ago. The virtual server on the NVR also refuses to play ball with the new cameras.

Cheers

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @daneboomerang

That NVR will likely only support H.264, if you can log in to the new cameras individually you should be able to adjust the CODEC settings to H.264 and see if they connect.

I don't know how many 2032 or existing Hikvision cameras you have on that NVR but the 7608NI-SE/P only supports a max. 40Mbps of incoming bandwidth and 5-6 x 3MP cameras running at max video settings could take up all the capacity and so that could be another reason why you are getting no stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
That model definitely only supports H264 only. The updated E1/E2 models support H264+ but the K and I series were the first to support H265. However the cameras are always factory set to H264 so should be fine. I had a similar issue when replacing a faulty camera on a customers older NVR (same model as yours) with a newer camera on up to date firmware. I had to log into the camera via its webpage and change the Authentication to Digest/Basic from Digest to resolve it. This is in System > Security > Authentication.
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 15.42.35.png

I forget where it is in the display settings on that NVR but there's an advanced setting somewhere (not available on the newer models), where you can set the stream to Main Stream, Sub Stream or Auto. On that model it's important to ensure that each camera is set to Auto. This means that when you're displaying a multiscreen the NVR will display the sub stream of each camera and automatically switch to main stream when you go full screen.

Well, this is very confusing. I've just downloaded Blue Iris to my Windows desktop and I've successfully hooked up on the of the cameras. Blue Iris detected a H264 stream is available on port 34567 ?! I haven't a clue if that's possible to use with the NVR...but I guess in theory it should be?!

(When I log into the camera itself it only claims to support H265 but it looks like it's fibbing. Unless Blue Iris is confused; which I doubt)

Good news! I managed to get it working by setting the encoding to H265X. Suddenly it was able to be picked up by the NVR and I've now happily got it integrated with my existing NVR. VERY happy. Thanks for all help!! Hope this helps someone else in the future with an "eyes.sys" camera!

Back