01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NI-M2/16P Abnormal Shutdowns?

ardsar

Hi,

Just recently installed the DS-7616NI-M2/16P. Everything seems fine apart from abnormal shutdowns. Had 2 already today, and 1 yesterday.

Firmware is

V5.03.010 build 240606

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Solution
Thanks guys - your analysis was perfect. It was caused by an issue with the smart plug I had it connected to so that I could measure power consumption. Looking through the data there was a brief dip at the exact time the abnormal shutdowns happened. Since removal I have had no issues.
Abnormal shutdown ? Haven't experienced that myself on M-Series.

Rather than guess what might be the cause, I can only suggest, crawl thru the LOG and see what can be gleemed from the log records.

Upvote 0
I can see nothing odd before a shutdown message

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-13 150843.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-13 150843.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
Check your power supply and try another kettle lead if you can.

Also, try V5.03.020 build 240904, just in case it is a bug on the 0.10 firmware that only affects certain setups / configurations.
Check the firmware on all of your cameras too.

If that doesn't help, we've seen faulty cameras and POE ports cause abnormal shutdowns too, so if possible, try disconnecting your cameras one at a time so determine if one seems to be causing the shutdowns.

Upvote 0
FWIW, I was able to simulate those same LOG records by creating a power failure. Thus, as Kyle suggested, I'd attempt to work the problem on that basis.

Anything you can do to reduce power consumption might reveal where the underlying problem is. You might even disconnect the 2nd disk drive for a few days or a week & see what that reveals.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys - your analysis was perfect. It was caused by an issue with the smart plug I had it connected to so that I could measure power consumption. Looking through the data there was a brief dip at the exact time the abnormal shutdowns happened. Since removal I have had no issues.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back