01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7616NI-M2/16P Firmware__V5.02.008_240419

Just noticed this seems to be the latest offering

Interesting. @uvs-300 it looks from your title that the file has been updated again since you posted. I just downloaded your linked file from the global site then checked the UK site. 5.02.008 has appeared there also in the last 24 hours but with a different build date. UK site is 240419 the same as your thread title but the file you linked is now dated 240425. They're the same size so I'm not sure if there's any difference.

Edit: the older build date is the one in the UK download area page but the UK product page has the newer one as well

The new version fixes all issues with using Smart Light Compensation, Defog, manual activation of strobe light and siren from Hik-Connect app

Last edited:
I had previously downgraded to v4 but decided to take the plunge with this new version. Cameras that are connected to the NVR are working fine but the Doorbell and a Hikvision camera on the main network are no longer being recognised.

iVMS says they are disconnected and then NVR Web UI shows:

NVR.png

I vaguely recall reading a post which explained how to resolve this, but cannot seem to find it now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction :)

I had previously downgraded to v4 but decided to take the plunge with this new version. Cameras that are connected to the NVR are working fine but the Doorbell and a Hikvision camera on the main network are no longer being recognised.

iVMS says they are disconnected and then NVR Web UI shows:

View attachment 10987

I vaguely recall reading a post which explained how to resolve this, but cannot seem to find it now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction :)
Think it was me...

1. Device Access > Device Configuration > PoE Settings - switch off the 'Network Camera Plug and Play' switch for POE 1 and POE 8.
  2. Device Access > Device > Video Device - add them back in again
I had a similar situation - a video doorbell on the main network. You also need to do the above if you have PoE connected cameras that are manually configured rather than using Plug and Play.

Think it was me...

1. Device Access > Device Configuration > PoE Settings - switch off the 'Network Camera Plug and Play' switch for POE 1 and POE 8.
  2. Device Access > Device > Video Device - add them back in again
I had a similar situation - a video doorbell on the main network. You also need to do the above if you have PoE connected cameras that are manually configured rather than using Plug and Play.

Thanks. I'm getting a "Device Type Mismatch" error for the doorbell/intercom. Changing it to HIKVISION_RTSP seems to work. @JB1970 did you have to do that as well?

Most of the event (line crossing, intrusion etc) settings are still present, but motion has been re-enabled for all cameras (it was disabled before). It isn't going to take me long to reconfigure each camera so not a big deal. Is this to be expected when upgrading from v4?

Apologies in advance if the above is a dumb question. I only started working with HikVision systems a few months ago, and immediately downgraded to v4 because applying settings via iVMS randomly changed other settings and in general, things weren't consistent. Had only been on v5 for a few days.

Thanks. I'm getting a "Device Type Mismatch" error for the doorbell/intercom. Changing it to HIKVISION_RTSP seems to work. @JB1970 did you have to do that as well?
I don't recall needing to do that but several other users have reported similar. Only guessing but perhaps I added my doorbell in with the very first iteration of V5 and the 'Device Type Mismatch' issue was introduced after that first version.
Most of the event (line crossing, intrusion etc) settings are still present, but motion has been re-enabled for all cameras (it was disabled before). It isn't going to take me long to reconfigure each camera so not a big deal. Is this to be expected when upgrading from v4?
I would say thats normal. If you purchase a new NVR, Motion Detection is enabled across all channels. Going between major versions (V4 to V5) may switch Motion Detection on when it was not previously (though the configured motion area if not full screen will likely be maintained as it's a camera side setting)
Apologies in advance if the above is a dumb question. I only started working with HikVision systems a few months ago
No dumb questions there and no apology required

Back