01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S NVR versus DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S?

Pete_2356

Can anybody please tell me if there is a difference between NVR model numbers DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S versus DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S?
The only difference seems to be the "4" before the S at the very end.
Basically I'm wondering whether I can update the firmware on my DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S using the latest firmware for DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S? (seems to be 2024, whereas the former seems to be 2020).

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here but would appreciate the opinion/thoughts!

Hi @Pete_2356

The /4S NVR model is an early AcuSense NVR where the product code stated how many channels supported the Human/Vehicle filtering feature, so as the datasheet for your NVR states, the /4S model supports "False alarm filtering for 4-ch behaviour (line crossing and intrusion) detection for network camera with resolution less than or equal to 4 MP."

The newer /S models now support the Human/Vehicle filtering on all channels (if using AcuSense cameras) and support applying the AcuSense features to up to 4 x non-AcuSense cameras (4 x 2MP cameras). These new /S models are completely different hardware/software to the earlier /4S models so the older NVR will not support the new firmware for the latest /S models.

I have the DS7732nxi-i4

On the Smart Events tab there is a new button called "Enable AI by Device". Then you can check the two boxes Human & Vehicle.
But where do I see the fruits of this feature?

I would love to see the human and vehicle markers in my Hik Connect App. On a non Acusense camera

Back