01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KD-MFB sub modul

Hello,

I just purchase a IP modular sub modul DS KD MFB. card and finger print reader.
Looks like in main door station KD8003 not the B version the card reader is working but I cant add a fingerprint.
In the sub module section the modul is on line but is recognized just like a card reader.
I have a latest firmware.

On the download center I find a firmware for B version where in the latest update is mentioned the MFB unit support

What is the difference between B and non B version?

Thank you

Gabriel

Hi @gabrielvargars

If your KD8003 is running a non-(B) firmware then it's most likely a non-(B) model.

The non-(B) model is an earlier hardware/software version that was superseded by the newer (B) model.

When the non-(B) were replaced they stopped receiving new feature firmware, so it is likely that there might be compatibility issues connecting new components like the DS-KD-MFB to the older KD8003 unit.

We would recommend raising this issue with the supplier you purchased the KD8003 intercom from and possibly arrange replacing the non-(B) model with a (B) model.

Thank you for your answer. The sad thing is on Hikvision web is not mentioned it will not work with a none B version.
Maybe I can hope one day a firmware will fix it.

The new fingerprint module is not compatible with non-B 8003, it is only indicated in the firmware release note.

Reactions: Dan
I just bot a 8300B version. Updated a firmware to V2.2.76build 240226.
The device is in iVMS-4200 online. When I click on a configuration the error is HTTP 404 Not Found.
What can be a issue? This happend after the update.
Cant be fixes?

Thank you for your help

I just bot a 8300B version. Updated a firmware to V2.2.76build 240226.
The device is in iVMS-4200 online. When I click on a configuration the error is HTTP 404 Not Found.
What can be a issue? This happend after the update.
Cant be fixes?

Thank you for your help
Its ok now. Updated a firmware again in batch tool and now is working.

Hello,

I just purchase a IP modular sub modul DS KD MFB. card and finger print reader.
Looks like in main door station KD8003 not the B version the card reader is working but I cant add a fingerprint.
In the sub module section the modul is on line but is recognized just like a card reader.
I have a latest firmware.

On the download center I find a firmware for B version where in the latest update is mentioned the MFB unit support

What is the difference between B and non B version?

Thank you

Gabriel
You need to access control in IVMs 4200. Add a person and then you can choose for collecting fingerprint and choose your module.

Kind regards

Back