01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry RS485 Connection to Villa Door Station?

Podro

Hi, I’m trying to connect a DS-K1104MK card reader with keypad to a DS-KV8113-WME Villa door station. The card reader is powered by its own PSU and connected via RS485 to the door station. The card reader powers up, goes through start up and then shows a flashing blue light which has no definition in the manual. The door station appears in IVMS and the card reader doesn’t, nor does it appear in SADP. I have tried the dip switch settings on the card reader in various different configs, either all 0 and 1, 5 and 8 set to 1 seems to be recommended on line, but nothing works. I can’t see how I can enable RS485 on the Villa through configuration (if that’s required?), nor where to set the Villa RS485 equivalent dip switch settings (again, if required?). Can anyone help me please to get the card reader on line? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the link. I have tried connecting as per the instructions within the PDF, but still no success. I think I have identified the issue though. The RS485 sub-menu on the DS-KV8113 is not visible, or at least not where I think it should be. Looking through YouTube and other configuration screens they see this:

1692215441924.png

So you can see the RS485 sub-menu. However, mine looks like this:

1692215501680.png

I have upgraded the Villa to the latest firmware (V2.2.53 build 220816) so I can't understand why the RS485 menu option isn't available.

Any ideas?

Hi, go full factory default. After that you should see that option.

Hello, how did it go? Have you managed to solve the problem?

Will the same "fix it" factory default work with KV8213 and DS-KD-KP? I am also trying to connect door station via RS485 - it connects, yet without any option to set a public password .. so I can only call the apartment, not to open door2...

I am thinking, maybe K1107 will be better option since keypad is not working anyway...

As of my knowledge, DS-KD-KP is module for modular intercom and it can't be used like that.
You need to have card reader (like the one you mentioned).

Back